First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I hope they make the rolling bed cover go all the way under the floor. Or have it be an option. Then make the entire rear window and wall lay flat. SUV/Truck.
Yes, that's probably the most requested option on here. GM did that years ago with the Avalanche and Cadillac Escalade. Here's a video:

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicles
21model3,,71F250,88Dakota,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Great graphics and workable design except (in my opinion): the front and rear transverse members need to be omitted so as to facilitate the rack being used for long lengths of pipe, lumber, and ladders. Also, with that enclosed rear piece, there is no way to access the top. You'd need a ladder just to clamber up there. Also, the front support on each side should be directly above the B pillar, thus transferring the weight straight down through the pillar. What Tesla should do is this: Tesla should provide above the B pillar and at the rear on each side, an integrated female, threaded fitting (with a cap to keep out the rain for those who don't need a rack.). Tesla would sell four stainless steel, vertical members threaded to screw down into the stainless female fittings. These factory-integrated pieces from the factory make sure it all fits perfectly. Horizontal members with the correct fittings would come from the factory also. With these pipes and integrated fittings, an owner could have the best of both worlds. Help me out....are my thoughts accurate?
I have a rack with a swing away rear cross bar. I like your thought process, and I am glad someone posed a rack concept. I don't like all the "fancy" stuff that weighs the truck down, blocks air flow, and makes it near impossible to access the vault. However, a rack concept that would allow me to carry 20 foot long material?! Good idea!

Advertisement

Advertisement