Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I cant wait for my CT3, and i cant wait to share it all over this site when I take my early reservation number delivery. ?
I hope you do. There are probably many here that will be very interested to see images of an actual production CT in the hands of a reservation holder. (y)
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I prefer to bellyache about Cybertruck. Bellyaching about bellyachers is just too much of a derivative for me ;) Kidding aside, even though optimism and positivity is a foreign concept to me, I will give it a shot to please a fellow club member. But I may go back if cheerfulness ended up being too painful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Let's be patient, because she's worth it, but you might get it a little earlier than I do, right?
Hopefully, I'm about number 216,000.

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Hopefully, I'm about number 216,000.
Ha ha, I hope we are all part of the first batch.Will you do your own CT after you get the car?According to friends in the United States said that there are quite a few friends in the United States are their own refit.

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Ha ha, I hope we are all part of the first batch.Will you do your own CT after you get the car?According to friends in the United States said that there are quite a few friends in the United States are their own refit.
I may be shopping for a SS lumber rack, but I'm not sure. I don't really want to mess up the perfect look of Cybertruck

Last edited:

duck

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
I may be shopping for a SS lumber rack, but I'm not sure. I don't really want to mess up the prefect look of Cybertruck
I was thinking the same thing about a kayak rack. Maybe something that can be folded down into the bed or detached.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I agree with @Cyberman and I think his post was overdue.

Waiting for something we really want is hard, and the longer we wait, the more frustrated we can get. While I think I am more patient than some (at least I believe so), the looooonnng wait to finalize our orders, or receive any official updates on the CT final design specs, or production schedule is making some of us a bit crazy (possibly more than a bit).

There is the possibility (or maybe probability) that some posts on these forums are basically anti-Tesla FUD. However our impatience is causing some of us to post almost anything that is in any way related to Tesla whether it is fact or fiction. At this time there are so few CT related things to post about that it can be difficult to have truly CT related discussions. And that I think is increasing our frustration.

Basically we just need to chill out, be patient (I know it is extremely hard), and ignore the FUD posts.
You think the FUD is bad now - wait until the truck actually starts being produced! This will drive the Tesla haters batsh!t crazy!

My wife and I waited over 2 long years for our RWD Model 3, the spaceship you can drive on public roads. It took forever, it seemed like it would never happen, like it was just a figment of our imaginations. Then, one day, a little sooner than expected, we received a notice that it was ready to pick up. We drove to Seattle and took delivery with a group of 8 other excited RWD Model 3 owners. While we waited we wandered around and checked for the infamous "panel gap variations" but, even inspecting 20 or 30 up close and personal, the panel gaps looked consistent and sharp. The cars were beautiful.

We were confident it was going to be a good car but as we drove it home, we realized just how unprepared we were for just how good it was going to be. It was otherworldly good. We knew it would be fast, but it was faster than expected. We knew it had a long range but the battery meter was not moving towards empty very quickly, regardless of repeated bursts of speed and 75 mph cruising speed. We knew it was going to be smooth and quiet but we were totally unprepared for how magical it would feel as it propelled us forward.

On the way home we turned off the Interstate to hit some backroads. The two plus years of waiting melted away, like it never happened. It seemed like we had ordered it yesterday and everything was right in the world. We couldn't believe how well it looked and drove.

On the forums a different story was gaining traction. These were cramped, shoddily built cars with panel gaps, squeaks and rattles, parts falling off, whompy wheels, drippy, thin paint and a cheap feel to them. The Tesla-haters were out in force, some even pretended to be new purchasers.

The Cybertruck will be no different - it's going to drive the haters cray-cray. Some will even buy one just so they can "prove" how bad it is - money is no object with the Tesla haters. They will shoot it with high-powered rounds to prove it's not bulletproof and then take it to Tesla for repair, only to offer up fake outrage at how much it costs to replace the perforated chassis.

The Cybertruck is the biggest threat that oil and gas interests, auto dealerships and repair shops, and auto parts suppliers have ever seen. There are multi-generational families that have made autos their family business. They own Ford, GM, Jeep and Toyota dealerships. Many of them own stock in the same companies as well as oil and gas companies. Their family businesses are threated and they will bad-mouth Tesla to whoever will listen. The Internet is the largest audience in the world. Deep down inside they know they are fighting a losing battle but still they hope they can delay the inevitable a few more years by making Elon Musk out to be the bad guy and his products as ugly, weak, undesirable, excessively expensive and generally crappy and unsuitable for anyone but a poser.

But it will fail again, because people will have in their possession a new kind of truck, one designed from a clean slate to beat all others, durable, timeless and efficient. A shiny, sleek and tough workhorse that needs nothing but an electrical outlet, windshield washer fluid and an occasional new set of tires to serve it's owner day in and day out. The owners will know the truth while the naysayers seethe at the audacity of Elon Musk to upset their perfect world.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing about a kayak rack. Maybe something that can be folded down into the bed or detached.
If you put the tailgate down you will have 8 feet of length to tie your kayaks in the bed. This would work with just about any kayak less than 12' long. Easier loading/unloading too. That's how most truck owners around here transport their kayaks. You could even make up a harness from a rope with loops tied in it that slip over both pointy ends to secure them in the bed.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A roof rack will be a must, something I can pull off and put back on.

Yeah, I can have things stick out the back, but I hate to do that more than to the lumber yard here in town.

-Crissa

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberman: WHY I'M (not) WORRIED ABOUT CYBERTRUCK 8E98BDED-3ECB-40E5-9811-13ED4C03E2AE

duck

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
If you put the tailgate down you will have 8 feet of length to tie your kayaks in the bed. This would work with just about any kayak less than 12' long. Easier loading/unloading too. That's how most truck owners around here transport their kayaks. You could even make up a harness from a rope with loops tied in it that slip over both pointy ends to secure them in the bed.
My kayak is over 14 ft long. Also, I usually have other camping gear to haul in the bed.

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
You think the FUD is bad now - wait until the truck actually starts being produced! This will drive the Tesla haters batsh!t crazy!

My wife and I waited over 2 long years for our RWD Model 3, the spaceship you can drive on public roads. It took forever, it seemed like it would never happen, like it was just a figment of our imaginations. Then, one day, a little sooner than expected, we received a notice that it was ready to pick up. We drove to Seattle and took delivery with a group of 8 other excited RWD Model 3 owners. While we waited we wandered around and checked for the infamous "panel gap variations" but, even inspecting 20 or 30 up close and personal, the panel gaps looked consistent and sharp. The cars were beautiful.

We were confident it was going to be a good car but as we drove it home, we realized just how unprepared we were for just how good it was going to be. It was otherworldly good. We knew it would be fast, but it was faster than expected. We knew it had a long range but the battery meter was not moving towards empty very quickly, regardless of repeated bursts of speed and 75 mph cruising speed. We knew it was going to be smooth and quiet but we were totally unprepared for how magical it would feel as it propelled us forward.

On the way home we turned off the Interstate to hit some backroads. The two plus years of waiting melted away, like it never happened. It seemed like we had ordered it yesterday and everything was right in the world. We couldn't believe how well it looked and drove.

On the forums a different story was gaining traction. These were cramped, shoddily built cars with panel gaps, squeaks and rattles, parts falling off, whompy wheels, drippy, thin paint and a cheap feel to them. The Tesla-haters were out in force, some even pretended to be new purchasers.

The Cybertruck will be no different - it's going to drive the haters cray-cray. Some will even buy one just so they can "prove" how bad it is - money is no object with the Tesla haters. They will shoot it with high-powered rounds to prove it's not bulletproof and then take it to Tesla for repair, only to offer up fake outrage at how much it costs to replace the perforated chassis.

The Cybertruck is the biggest threat that oil and gas interests, auto dealerships and repair shops, and auto parts suppliers have ever seen. There are multi-generational families that have made autos their family business. They own Ford, GM, Jeep and Toyota dealerships. Many of them own stock in the same companies as well as oil and gas companies. Their family businesses are threated and they will bad-mouth Tesla to whoever will listen. The Internet is the largest audience in the world. Deep down inside they know they are fighting a losing battle but still they hope they can delay the inevitable a few more years by making Elon Musk out to be the bad guy and his products as ugly, weak, undesirable, excessively expensive and generally crappy and unsuitable for anyone but a poser.

But it will fail again, because people will have in their possession a new kind of truck, one designed from a clean slate to beat all others, durable, timeless and efficient. A shiny, sleek and tough workhorse that needs nothing but an electrical outlet, windshield washer fluid and an occasional new set of tires to serve it's owner day in and day out. The owners will know the truth while the naysayers seethe at the audacity of Elon Musk to upset their perfect world.
Wow, your story kicks ass. It's what I dream will happen when I pick up...the BEAST.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Yeah, I can have things stick out the back, but I hate to do that more than to the lumber yard here in town.

-Crissa

8E98BDED-3ECB-40E5-9811-13ED4C03E2AE.jpeg
Roof rack is a must for me too. My karak is 17‘ long. Even if there is a full pass through, I still prefer to put it on top during long trips. The rack on my current truck is on the bed and adjustable. I always have it at the lowest setting. I dislocated a shoulder trying to unload a heavy kayak from a tall rack once. Now I go light and low. I know CT won't be low but with adjustable suspension, it can be low enough. I am sure Tesla will have some rack solution for CT. Something that can be tucked away when not in use and more effective when it is in use. As much as Tesla wants to reduce drag, they know this is a truck. If they don't figure something out, people will butcher it with after market solutions. There are already ton of stuff on line. I am sure everyone has seen all of these:

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberman: WHY I'M (not) WORRIED ABOUT CYBERTRUCK 1620301520297

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberman: WHY I'M (not) WORRIED ABOUT CYBERTRUCK 1620301573922

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberman: WHY I'M (not) WORRIED ABOUT CYBERTRUCK 1620301717609

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag

-Crissa

8E98BDED-3ECB-40E5-9811-13ED4C03E2AE.jpeg
CT roof is glass to rack; sloped.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberman: WHY I'M (not) WORRIED ABOUT CYBERTRUCK 1BB2E9E8-4B55-4895-BD10-E615FAAE4DC4

Coast Guard is as close to a real roof rack CT gets.

CT Overall Height is 75 in. Putting bikes atop CT is no easy reach from tera firma. It makes it tough on “ground crew” who will wrestle overhead weight against gravity to unload any size roof rack atop CT. That can end semi-well for a bike.?

Dancing on top of a CT roof rack to unload ain’t never gonna be fun. With a bike, you’ll hold it in one hand, wearing flip flops, lean to the side, reach outward(see: tumblehome) and down. Your balance must be Ringling Bros. perfect for every performance. Even this designer rack concept provides for standing on a tailgate to load cargo.

Measure first!

Public parking garages required indoor ceiling height for ambulance access is a mere 7’-2” clearance. Many a bike roof-mounted rack have enabled automatic unloading and recycling for some nice bikes, pretty expensive rides and definitely a shocked driver. A roof rack mounted to CT(75”)+a child bike(24”) needs a parking garage height standing over 8 feet high just to be “safe”.

Coast Guard features roll-off bike locks at rear, in addition to a level support, roof platform, is provided all below 7’ minimum. CT’s sailplanes naturally lend themselves to side access racking. And a safety designed mini-headache rack even provides forward load-shift protection just in case.

Well thought-out racking without making CT look like a Thule advertisement foretells how unique is the Cybertruck mini-roof, rack challenge. Its gonna be fun! Shout out to making racks removable which this design didn’t forsee being a “feature”.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
CT roof is glass to rack; sloped.
Well thought-out racking without making CT look like a Thule advertisement foretells how unique is the Cybertruck mini-roof, rack challenge. Its gonna be fun! Shout out to making racks removable which this design didn’t forsee being a “feature”.
I think a good design for CT would be a combination of features:

1 - An aerodynamic rail along the length with swing crossbar like Subaru Outback that does not have a big hit on the range when not in use.

2 - It may have to have a robust vertical telescopic element in the skeleton that can be raised when it is needed to make the whole system flat as opposed to sloped.

3 - An optional sliding feature to move the rack forward (over the glass) in case better access to bed is needed. Or backward for easier loading (in the sloped setting it would lower the loading height and better access)

If the design is complete, I have no doubt, smarter people in Tesla have already given this some thought but there is always a compromise in engineering and what they end up with will be interesting to see.
Sponsored