John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
I like it very much. The important innovation is the aerodynamic skirt/fairing between the CT and trailer. A fifth wheel hitch can support much more weight but the bumper hitch may be sufficient and would have the aded advantage of usable space in the bed that can be accessed from the cab (if there is a pass thru). More please Leander!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Leander

First Name
Leander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brammo Empulse
Country flag
I LIKE THE DESIGN BUT I wOULD MAKE A SMALLER VERSION WITH TRADITIONAL hitch so I could utilize the vault but then again I don't need two double beds
then Telsa own teased version is the one for you.

OP
OP

Leander

First Name
Leander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brammo Empulse
Country flag
I like it very much. The important innovation is the aerodynamic skirt/fairing between the CT and trailer. A fifth wheel hitch can support much more weight but the bumper hitch may be sufficient and would have the aded advantage of usable space in the bed that can be accessed from the cab (if there is a pass thru). More please Leander!
It's actually not a fairing but utilized space.
the CT bed itself will still be mostly usable up to the sidewall height,
but the cover needs to stay open.

Last edited:

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
As they might say across the pond;”Good on ya mate”. In your spare time can can ya work up an affordable “Slide-in” version for this ole miner. Gotta keeper light and covered in PV panels so it can charge the CT for the trip off the mountain. Fix it so it be like them there satellite thingys where ya push a button and it sorta exploads into this massive solar array??????

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
CyberTruck with CyberTrailer-2.png

This is what I'll be building.

Design in progress.
Some preliminary details:
-large ramp at the back (need to leave the cyberquad somewhere.)
-150kWh pack to offset the range hit and for power when standing alone.
-16 fullsize solar pannels on top.
-HVAC in the top
-Starlink next to HVAC
-2 full size dubbel beds. (1 in front 1 in back)
-two front wheels with small (hub)motors for additional breaking en regen when going downhill. they will double as mover wheels.
-height adjustable for ground clearance (to level with CT)

How will you roll?
DOPE.
I am buying my truck to live in it and well, THAT'S DOPE.

OP
OP

Leander

First Name
Leander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brammo Empulse
Country flag
Does that have an inboard or outboard motor?
It might even float, so you could use an outboard motor.
at it's max load (~7000kg) it will sit about 50cm deep.
Maybe a cyber truck could pull it as a tug boat.

European version can't be more than 3500kg loaded (B+E licence with loaded CT at 3500kg) so to leave allawence for gear and stuff, the trailer itself should be around 2500kg max in weight.

But I do actually have some ideas how to make the trailer
amphibious on its own. (not sea worty or such)
Stability will be key.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Leander

First Name
Leander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brammo Empulse
Country flag
wise advice.
I' did already moved the wheels forward for better weight distrubution.
most of the weight wiil be very low just above the axle height.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It might even float, so you could use an outboard motor.
at it's max load (~7000kg) it will sit about 50cm deep.
Maybe a cyber truck could pull it as a tug boat.

European version can't be more than 3500kg loaded (B+E licence with loaded CT at 3500kg) so to leave allawence for gear and stuff, the trailer itself should be around 2500kg max in weight.

But I do actually have some ideas how to make the trailer
amphibious on its own. (not sea worty or such)
Stability will be key.
You are definitely on to something here. If your trailer was also a house boat. Or essentially a houseboat that looked something between a houseboat and a trailer similar to what this guy came up with so you can just back into the water and unhitch and away you go and then come back and go to the mountains and take it camping. OMG. You heard it here first folks!

Eddie_Catflap

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester SJ 2.5i
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
How will you roll?
Looks fantastic, good job!

As you've mentioned, I'd def. like to add the solar panels onto zee roof - whatever there's room for, 6 to 12 kw??? (y)(y)

Archer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Service and Repair
Country flag
Unfortunately you will not be able to turn. The trailer will come in contact with the truck body with even a pretty small change in direction.
CyberTruck with CyberTrailer-2.png

Design in progress.
-HVAC in the top
-Starlink next to HVAC
-two front wheels with small (hub)motors for additional breaking en regen when going downhill. they will double as mover wheels.

How will you roll?
Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. CyberTruck with CyberTrailer-2

Design in progress.
-HVAC in the top
-Starlink next to HVAC

How will you roll?
I have pulled 5th wheels for decades and this concept is both beautiful and sleek. Keep in mind the major rookie mistake for new RV owners is not taking into account what happens when both turning and transitioning on uneven terrain, this is when most RV damage occurs as people don’t account for the movement between the bed sides and the trailer sides, rear corner, etc… The truck/trailer must have room to articulate when both turning and transitioning up or down roads, driveways, etc... So turning on UNEVEN terrain is my first concern when looking at this beautiful concept you have developed.

A few items to consider before you put welder to steel:

1. A Fifth wheel hitch requires the vehicles frame to bolt and/or weld to, Cyber has no frame.

2. This might be hard for the non-fifth wheel crowd to visualize, but clearance between the truck and trailer cannot be thought of on a single plane like a simple turn on a flat parking lot. In real life use, while in a turn the trucks front wheels often encounter uneven terrain (especially when off-road) and this can result in the truck twisting and/or dipping/rising while in the turn which results in the fifth wheel trailers sides contacting the sides bed sides on the truck, not to mention the rear corners of the bed pushing up into the middle of the trailer behind the Fifth wheel mount.

3. For the trailer to be an effective range extender, the Cyber will need to accept a charge while it is motion and no current model of EV has this capability. Better reach out to Elon now!

You have a lot of work and engineering to do yet and it’s going to be a fun and interesting challenge to make this trailer viable. Just to share a little about me, I've designed and built many off-grid solar vehicles and trailers for the serious full timers and weekend warriors alike. We have pulled generator from RV's and built enough headroom into the solar/batts to allow use of the air conditioner, microwaves, and coffee makers. I've also designed and built smaller systems to run refrigeration and battery chargers like what's currently on my little white Transit Connect. I do respect your ambitious effort and look forward to updates as your project progresses.

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. IMG_1864[1].JPG

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. IMG_4290[1].JPG

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. IMG_0201[1].JPG

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. IMG_1864[1].JPG

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. IMG_4290[1].JPG

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTrailer for the Cybertruck. This is how I will roll. IMG_0201[1].JPG

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Curious on the projected height of the trailer. Missed if mentioned earlier.

OP
OP

Leander

First Name
Leander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brammo Empulse
Country flag
Trailer height will be around 3.9m but it will change depending on drive mode and terrain.

It wiil be able to kneel to as low as 3.6m or create extra ground clearance and than it will top out at about 4.2m.

So when in rough terrain you will also have clearance for pitch and roll motion.

currently my focus is on a more road going version that's also usable with the CT single motor version, a bit cheaper and less heavy. but still cappable of taking about 1000kg of load.

The idea of using the trailers energy for extra range is based on DC to DC charging while stationairy, so i.e. your trailer is your (super)charger on your trip.
Sponsored