Cybertruck’s voice: Anyone else think it would be cool to have some celebrity voice the computer in Cybrrtruck?

austerberto

First Name
Austerberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
As we all know there is and will not be enough information about this truck to satisfy our curiosities. So let’s talk about something fun. Anyone have any suggestions on celebrity voices you’d like to hear from Cybertruck telling you to put your hands back on the wheel? I’m voting for “Auntee” (Tina Turner) from Beyond Underdone. Who would you like?
Sponsored

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I’d prefer no celebrity voice but just to play along, here are two that come to my mind.

William Daniels, though at 95, not sure if he’d still be up to the task. He voiced KITT from Knight Rider for those who may not know.

Peter Cullen could be cool too. He voiced Optimus Prime from Transformers.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I could use some foreign accents from time to time.

If the car is going to speak though, please, please, please, do not be all repetitive. Back in the 80's there were cars that would tell you various things. Repeatedly. Repeatedly. Repeatedly. Repeatedly. Till you addressed the issue.

My most hated one was: "Your door is a jar."

Yes, I know that isn't what the car was trying to say. But by making the language all high brow, it ended up with a statement that was easily interpreted for complete insanity. That may say more about me than the car but it got to the point that I would refuse to ride in any vehicle that used that statement.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We can synthesize any voice from any person from any era these days... it will be a matter of taking your pick.

It may even be an option you pay for through the Tesla app.

Forget ever needing to activate wiper controls, etc.

I think it will quickly go way beyond that.

Th voice will be pleasantly natural, human like intuition and conversation. Kitt is coming.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Wow, I have a new pet peave with my Model Y. I hate when she says "In 200 yards, turn right." or any other direction... Why, if I'm using FSD is she telling me to turn? Who's driving this thing? I'd much rather her say (when I have FSD engaged), "In 200 yards, I'll be turning right." That way, it makes narrative sense in my head... It reconfirms she is driving. LOL... first world problems!

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I'd like the choices of:

Max from Flight of the Navigator
Brian Blessed as Hawkman Flash Gordon
Richard Burton from War of the Worlds
Joshua from War Games
Sigourney Weaver as any character

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

This.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Anyone have any suggestions on celebrity voices you’d like to hear from Cybertruck telling you to put your hands back on the wheel? I’m voting for “Auntee” (Tina Turner) from Beyond Underdone. Who would you like?
Absolutely NOT wanted. No celebrity voice as standard.

For sure not even one nano cent should be given to any celebrity or celebrity agency for such a service.

Sorry the movie name is not "Beyond Underdone" it is "Beyond Thunderdome" or more completely, "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_Beyond_Thunderdome

Oh, and “Auntee” from "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" is one of my favorite movie characters and Tina Turner is one of my all time favorite singers. A couple of times in the late 60s/early 70s I saw her and her then husband, Ike, performing in nightclubs in the Ike & Tina Turner Revue. Those are still some of the best live shows I have ever seen in my life.