Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've seen more videos lately of Tesla's getting "keyed" so I'm sure it will happen to some CT owners at some point, or at least the attempt anyway.

So I'm wondering can a key do enough damage to the SS on a CT to be noticeable? If so could you buff it out?

Of course if you get a body wrap a person could do visible damage with a key.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...EATEDLY-keying-car-Louisiana-parking-lot.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If the idiot uses a key, and the key is typically softer than SS, the line left on the truck is from their key. Typically, can be buffed out.

If they use harder metals, idiots are idiots. if I had a solution for them, I would be Nobel prize famous.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If the idiot uses a key, and the key is typically softer than SS, the line left on the truck is from their key. Typically, can be buffed out.

If they use harder metals, idiots are idiots. if I had a solution for them, I would be Nobel prize famous.
Keys are the convenient tools for revenge seekers/haters available to them.

I suppose you could try keying an old stainless steel pot or pan to see how much damage you can do.

But body wraps leave you vulnerable to key attacks unfortunately.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

A firing squad

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Delivering a small electric shock while they are "keying" would be interesting to.watch on your camera playback while in sentry mode :D
Why stop at small? Its going to be illegal one way or another so you might as well make it memorable for them. Sadly they are likely to come back with something that can do some real damage.

Even if keying can't be buffed out it is nothing compared to a paint job.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I think keying is going to leave less damage than branches scratching the side of CT on a hunting road. I'll gladly wear 'em as a badge of honor.
After, of course, hunting the perp down and cutting him into little pieces... ?

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I've seen more videos lately of Tesla's getting "keyed" so I'm sure it will happen to some CT owners at some point, or at least the attempt anyway.

So I'm wondering can a key do enough damage to the SS on a CT to be noticeable? If so could you buff it out?

Of course if you get a body wrap a person could do visible damage with a key.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...EATEDLY-keying-car-Louisiana-parking-lot.html

We've done this experiment.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...el-updated-scratch-and-sniff-test.1533/page-6

Mikutow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Why stop at small? Its going to be illegal one way or another so you might as well make it memorable for them. Sadly they are likely to come back with something that can do some real damage.

Even if keying can't be buffed out it is nothing compared to a paint job.
For real. Best deterrent. Shock the mofos. Batmobile did this I think... Insult to injury, the camera records it and uploads it to local police. And Youtube. Or directly to their Facebook story.

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Could the solution be that of 100% southern end of a north bound skunk, applied liberally?

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I think keying is going to leave less damage than branches scratching the side of CT on a hunting road. I'll gladly wear 'em as a badge of honor.
After, of course, hunting the perp down and cutting him into little pieces... ?
Nice Pink Floyd reference but you only need trim a "little piece" to be effective.

Deleted member 11233

Most automotive keys are made of chrome plated brass, which should be softer than the stainless steel skin, A key may leave a line behind that can be buffed off with a Scotchbrite or Brillo pad.
Sponsored