Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OK. I just had a thought. I'd been thinking about taking longer tour trips around the country with my CT when I heard the guys over on Now You Know mentioned in a video that they had pre-ordered a Semi.

Got me thinking. What if "one" were to buy a Semi, fix up a trailer like the old Knight Rider setup, then tour the country in the Semi, and play around with the CT at various destinations. With a full truck trailer, I'd think there would be room to have a camping setup in the front of the trailer and a "garage" in the back.

Not that I have the dough to make this setup. But one can dream I suppose. Not sure a full semi would fit in campgrounds though. Might need to be much more self-sufficient than a typical camper setup.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
It would be cool to have a Semi as a personal vehicle but costs aside, Class-8 licensing and operational logistics (e.g. maintenance, parking, etc...) would be interesting challenges to overcome.

Since ordering a CT, I've become more interested in off-roading / overlanding. I'm thinking of using CT for intra-state / intra-country travel and towing a smaller off-road dedicated vehicle for local trips - maybe something like a Rivian R1T. A Jeep would be a good choice but I want to be 100% EV. Wolverine CT could be another option but it doesn't make sense for me to have 2 CTs like that. :D

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Since ordering a CT, I've become more interested in off-roading / overlanding. I'm thinking of using CT for intra-state / intra-country travel and towing a smaller off-road dedicated vehicle for local trips - maybe something like a Rivian R1T.
I'm sure Rivian will love that look. LOL.

Polaris is going to be putting out EVs based upon Zero's drivetrain: https://www.polaris.com/en-us/news/company/polaris-announces-zero-motorcycles-partnership/
A trailer with alternating Polaris vehicles (RZR, Snowmachine, etc) would be a fun way to go.

Or what was that post the other day of the guy that wanted to tow a boat that could then be used to transport his CT across water. LOL. Polaris has boats too it seems. Seems like bridges would be much more efficient generally than towing a huge boat. But that might just be me.

There are lots of ways I could see using the smaller vehicles though.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Yeah, but it would make more sense to me to leave the boat in the water . I was thinking for places like around Lake Chelan here in Washington. The lake is large and very long. Currently most of the “towns” around the lake have a bit of ferry service as there are no roads to most of the area. So if one had a home on the lake, I could totally see someone with enough resources buying such a boat. But once off the lake, why take the boat with you?

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I have turned a Volvo tractor and a Champion NHRA trailer into a registered "RV" for a client.

It was simple, actually. No CDL required. And yes, it's a full 53' trailer with a front lounge, shower, toilet, TV, heat, AC, etc. It also has room for three cars!

So go ahead and buy your Tesla Semi to use as an RV! It can be set up to tow a 5th wheel RV "toy hauler" very easily.

Contact me at DD3 Coach, LLC for the specifics

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
That's what I'm going to do with my Zero and the Cybertruck. Once for freeway travel, the other for exploring around whereever I land.

-Crissa
I was thinking the same thing. long road trips in the CT and around small towns in the zero. thinking of camping in the bed or towing a small airstream with a couple of power walls and solar on the roof.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Heavy duty trucks are used quite often to pull 5th wheels. You don't need a special licence or insurance if you set them up as an RV. I don't remember all the particulars, but you have to have a place to sleep, a bathroom, a sink, and 2 other things that cause it to stop being a semi, and start being an RV. These things are all put into the sleeper part of the cab.

If bitcoin continues to do well, that's exactly what I intend to do. I'll cancel my CT order, and get a semi, modified to pull my trailer and have model 3 on the back of the truck for driving around.

I'm hoping they'll give us a 240 volt plug in the truck so I can plug in my camper. If so, I'd have all the power I need for a few weeks of camping. :)

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Semi together? maxresdefault

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Just stay in a 5 star hotel. At what point do we no longer call it camping? Or Glamping?
Call it whatever you want. I live in my camper full time. I can't afford to stay in a hotel 365 days a year, and even if I could, it would SUCK.
I like having all of my stuff with me when I travel, and I travel constantly.

If I could talk the wife into a smaller camper, maybe I could make the CT work, but for now the Semi is my only option.
Sponsored