Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No? We got the best photos yet plus a look at the doors working the steering working and the interior and the other we ended up knowing the truck was delayed a year.

Those were literally the two times since launch we got some of the most solid info.

-Crissa
Fair enough. Yet a lot of people were expecting more. I recall an overwhelming sense of disappointment after it.
Sponsored

jd1

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
Myself personally... I'm looking forward to the reveal where they actually show the final version, what they added, what it can do. Where the PopTart oven is stored etc. I figure with two years time watching everyone else come to market... maybe they learned some things?

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
See @ 7:40, that's the covered carrier that moves the truck(s) around. I'd be betting high odds the truck is on site for Wednesday!

Stay tuned for sightings for the meeting. I am sure there will be something within the next 24 hrs. Meeting is Wednesday FYI!

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 2.05.29 PM.jpg
Yawn.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Myself personally... I'm looking forward to the reveal where they actually show the final version, what they added, what it can do. Where the PopTart oven is stored etc. I figure with two years time watching everyone else come to market... maybe they learned some things?
As far as I can tell, they don't do that until after the first few thousand are in customers' hands, if then.

-Crissa

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Until I see installed and working 9,000 ton Giga Presses dedicated to pumping out CT specific underbody frames, I'm tempering my excitement. When that happens, I think we can safely start the countdown to deliveries. The "final" design with Tesla is never final (and that is a very good thing): constant refinement = constant improvement.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
As mentioned before I have a friend in Austin on the 4680 team, he's not heard of or spotted a Cybertruck on site yet. He said they've moved many cars on the covered carriers, it's not always for Cybertruck, and called me nuts for still watching the drop videos hahah albeit he also said he wouldn't be surprised. He almost made it sound as if the sighting luster is falling off at the factory. As expected, there are usually a lot of rules when they're there(like how they fenced them off last time) and that seemingly ruins it for others. That's the current news.

however. Cool news here. One of the 7 questions for the meeting is about pricing release and pricing grandfathering.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
however. Cool news here. One of the 7 questions for the meeting is about pricing release and pricing grandfathering.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for a straight answer here. I think if they wanted to clear this issue up, it would have been cleared up some time ago. My $2 says they dodge this question.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which begs the question why has this not been asked in the previous 1/4 earning calls. It's not like a million+ people don't want to know

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Don’t hold your breath waiting for a straight answer here. I think if they wanted to clear this issue up, it would have been cleared up some time ago. My $2 says they dodge this question.
And answer is an answer to me though dude. I’m sure it’ll be danced around but if we get anything at all I’ll be happy

“we will touch base on the cybertruck in __month__” would be enough for me. And that’s what I’m guessing they’ll do.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And answer is an answer to me though dude. I’m sure it’ll be danced around but if we get anything at all I’ll be happy

“we will touch base on the cybertruck in __month__” would be enough for me. And that’s what I’m guessing they’ll do.
More like: “we will touch base on the cybertruck in 2 weeks…”

At this point I think Even Elon is going to avoid any specific dates.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Which begs the question why has this not been asked in the previous 1/4 earning calls. It's not like a million+ people don't want to know
There was a dressing to some level on the last earnings call. I believe. Just stating the “it’ll begin mid next year” line

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Keep in mind, it’s not just about informing customers here, Tesla’s competitors are paying attention to this call as well.

I would love an answer to that question… I’m just cynical.
Sponsored