g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Elon says......

"It was unveiled in 2019, for a $99 deposit. Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, it will be a damn fine product. We are tracking to be in production middle of next year. Tooling install starting in next few months. "

Soooooo it’s gonna cost more. Shock. No lead time reveal on an event.
Sponsored

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why is 'different' always mean 'more'?

That's not what those words mean.

-Crissa
Coupled with the rest of musk’s answer it means more.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The rest of it was?

-Crissa

start at 3:21. Not sure if just Copying a link wil work but easy to find. I’m assuming most of us listened to the meeting.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
God I want that top light bar in the final design!
I expect it to be part of production. Moving matrix LEDs with configuration settings and manual control from the cab.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
The rest of it was?

-Crissa
Taken in context, I'm thinking we can add around $4-$9K to the announced prices but this is kind of a difficult comparison because he said the configured specs will be different too. I'm confident most details and features will surprise to the upside but there may be a spec or two that has been downgraded for practical reasons. Maybe the load capacity will not be 3500 lbs. due to tires rated for that much weight not meeting other performance characteristics they thought were more important. Installation of production equipment begins in the next couple of months and he stated with conviction that the Cybertruck will be a "damn fine machine!"

I think he's smart to keep a lid on the details until we get closer to deliveries because they should retain the ability to fine-tune exact specs, features and prices as they get the production equipment installed and tested and contracts for tires and such finalized with suppliers. It is a brand new engineering design, after all. Nothing like this has ever been done in the history of the automotive world. Any one who disagrees with that and starts bringing up the DeLorean, etc. will just be highlighting their ignorance of what the Cybertruck is.

Announcing more details now would lock them in unnecessarily and leave them vulnerable to legitimate criticism if they adjusted them again before production. They are being smart by keeping a lid on the details until the time is right.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Announcing more details now would lock them in unnecessarily and leave them vulnerable to legitimate criticism if they adjusted them again before production. They are being smart by keeping a lid on the details until the time is right.
I agree with this part.

-Crissa

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Where the heck are they charging it? We know of the supercharger/megacharger they use on the GigaNevada-Fremont route.

-Crissa
Would it make any sense for them to put the Semi charger just inside one of the bays of the Gigafactory? It's not like they have to worry about exhaust emissions inside. They could unload and charge at the same time.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Would it make any sense for them to put the Semi charger just inside one of the bays of the Gigafactory? It's not like they have to worry about exhaust emissions inside. They could unload and charge at the same time.
That doesn't help them when they're on the route between Austin and Fremont.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still excited!!
we are all excited....but every time they bring the truck around, its always either the first gen or something similar.....so, it does not excite me anymore......I just hate to hear all talk about new design and changes and then see the first truck over and over

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
maybe off topic......but I have been watching the cars charge on the south end.......now they put up 20 chargers on the corner........man thats got to be a hot place to charge.....temperatures I am sure range from 98F to well over 105F in the summer......plus the radiated heat from the building concrete walls.....ouch

beeeasybro

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalon,Outback, and previously Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Boat Captain
Country flag
we are all excited....but every time they bring the truck around, its always either the first gen or something similar.....so, it does not excite me anymore......I just hate to hear all talk about new design and changes and then see the first truck over and over
Patience and Faith my friend! The time is much needed to perfect the greatest product that Tesla has ever created! Possibly the greatest vehicle ever produced.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We are like expectant parents

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Appearance @ Annual Shareholder Meeting in Texas 1659762322813
Sponsored