Cybertruck Cabin Facing Camera?

Would you use your Cybertruck in the Tesla Network?

• Total voters

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Whatever age, you are certainly paranoid. The post was about the Tesla network, not about Tesla spying on you. Given how Elon Musk rails against the government,I think the last thing have to worry about, as long as he is at the helm, is Tesla spying on you. But I suppose you can cover the camera if it’s a big problem for you.
I did go off topic. I won't participate in Tesla network. I understand a car sitting in a driveway for most of it's life is a waste but sharing my CT feels like renting out my underwear.

More off topic:
As far as if I am paranoid or you are naive, it is only a function of outcome. What sounds like paranoia is a side effect of talking to security people about where our information often end up and how they are used. It has nothing to do with government, majority of data collection, breaches and abuse happens outside government. I went to an extreme here to have a bit of fun but I do have problem with unsolicited data collection. Information about you and me is a commodity that is being bought and sold on daily bases. Once it is out of your hand, you have no control on how it will be used. It is naive to think just because the guy that collects it is a nice guy, at some point it won't end up in a bad guy's hand. Or good intentions are the only thing that matters. A function or convenience you want is often bundled with the information you don't need to share and if you can't separate them, as you pointed out you have a choice to make. I spent a ton of time trying to separate the two on my new phone last week. And at the end of it, the only conclusion was that with all the new security features, the attempt by every single app to collect data has only increased from the last time I replaced my phone. At the end of it, like most people, I probably will lose this fight and leave the tape off the camera because of a safety or convenience I want. But I will do it with some kicking and screaming.
Sponsored

Deleted member 5322

Who would keep all the footage? Where would they keep it? Who would go through it for the good stuff? How wouldn't you notice the heavy network use?

-Crissa
With 5G technologies and an embedded router, You will never know about network usage!

Deleted member 5322

Never know when and how this footage could be used. We all know Facebook spy and sell all our data to the third parties.. Do not want Tesla to sell all my private life to someone on the internet.
If you are ok with a being recorded - good for you. I am not Ok with that. I know how it will end up: soon we will buy new houses with the cameras in the bedroom for "spouse protection". And it will be a law! :)

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I would like to, but I don't know what monetary benefit it would bring me, especially since it's also going to be my work truck. I'd hate to have to deal with cleaning up after messy passengers right before I need to leave for an out of town trip or site visit.

It's possible that I could turn it on and have it go out on big event weekends, but where I live it's going to be low volume/high mileage. In wine country people typically take tours or rent a car anyway. It could probably make me some money on big tourist weekends, but otherwise it'll just be available and likely sit in my driveway waiting.

I also have no idea what my life will look like with kids, so having my own vehicle at the ready will likely trump any spare cash a hit or miss taxi schedule can bring in.

Deleted member 5322

You're paranoid, but never check on the network usage?

They'll cut you off if you were uploading all the video.

-Crissa
Yes, I am!
Perhaps I work in the IT field for many years and know a little bit more than an average person? :)

Deleted member 5322

Crissa,
do not forget I was born and lived my first 30 years in Russia..... All Russians are hackers ))))))) At least everyone in my company thinks like that... So funny.....

Deleted member 5322

To be serious, we have more than 200 people work for our company. I have full access to every computer, every apple device that used in our company. People don't even know when I connect to their computer/apple device and do my stuff. As long as there is internet - I have full control. I can upload\download any size of file so seamlessly that no one even noticed it. Yes, it takes time to chop it and combine it later, but there is no problem at all.
Telsa launched how many satellites Starlink? There is no way for you to interrupt, or stop their data collections. I am sorry to say that....

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Crissa,
do not forget I was born and lived my first 30 years in Russia..... All Russians are hackers ))))))) At least everyone in my company thinks like that... So funny.....
Your best argument would probably be that no Russians are paranoid because it's not paranoia if "they" actually are spying on you.

As much as we don't like to think about it here in the US, there is much documented evidence to say that the government is spying in various ways on the citizens and all others in the country. For the most part, that spying seems to just get shelved for background just in case. But yes, if you were to ever get on the government radar for some reason I'm sure your file would get opened and perused. I doubt that Tesla cam footage is currently being archived by the government. For one thing, there are not enough Teslas out there yet to warrant a whole infrastructure build-out for that. Plus, it doesn't appear that Tesla is sending all the footage the car collects back to Tesla even. Even if Tesla were to decide to send back much more of the footage, they seem to have a plan to upgrade the cameras to a higher megapixel level going forward. With all those camera, at that high resolution, trying to get the footage back to Tesla would be insanely costly. And that cost would continue to grow as more vehicles are sold. All that cost for very little if any benefit to Tesla.

Now that is not to say that Tesla doesn't get some footage. We know that FSD beta sends footage back to Tesla for test cases. But relative to the total available footage very little of the driving footage actually gets sent back. And I'm sure that in an accident situation (especially if you have Tesla insurance) that footage will get back to Tesla (even if it has to be retrieved manually). But your day-to-day driving? Or the boring driving incidents where you are picking your nose? Tesla could care less. So unless you happen to be picking your nose during an accident or FSD incident Tesla will never get the footage.
Sponsored