Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
This makes me wonder who will when design the first Campershell for the CT.

And we STILL don't know anything about fifth wheel towing and if there would be a nifty option for that. But that's for another thread 😰
Sponsored

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
This is nice but the Cyberlandr camper is way better for the money. Smart tech, 4-season camper and hidden.
I thought that too, but I realized that all the places you would have stored gear are now taken up with the camper. So the gear has to go somewhere else.
Nice thing with the SpaceCamper design is that it still leaves room for you gear - and you can sleep without having to do the full pop-up.
Glad to see that we may have options.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks nice and thought out. I would definitely change a few items,
but the biggest assumption here is the CT actually having a air compressor plug in terminal. So far nothing in the design we have seen shows any way to plug into the internal air compressor system. Unless this company has inside information that we don't know or see on any of the RC prototypes

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
Hard side camper for me and a/c a must.

Even High Sierra camping in summer is uncomfortable during the evening without a/..

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
so how many of you clicked on the 2nd picture for a better look? c'mon, put 'em up! 🙋‍♂️

DelPhonic1

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Cybertruck Tri-Motor ordered
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
I was worried about the range extender being in the way of the SpaceCamper. Here is their response:

"While we were a bit surprised at Tesla's placement for the range extender nothing in our design will be affected by it. If you choose to get a range extenter it will take up some space in the bed of the truck which is a con. On the positive side, it will make a nice bench our 'bed extension' cushion will fit well on top of it for added comfort when sitting on it. If you end up getting our kitchen accessory, it looks like you'll be kneeling on the pad when accessing the sink. The cooktops will be set up on the hanging shelves (the bed extensions in their shelf configuration) so that you'll be able to stand comfortably while cooking."

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I was worried about the range extender being in the way of the SpaceCamper. Here is their response:

"While we were a bit surprised at Tesla's placement for the range extender nothing in our design will be affected by it. If you choose to get a range extenter it will take up some space in the bed of the truck which is a con. On the positive side, it will make a nice bench our 'bed extension' cushion will fit well on top of it for added comfort when sitting on it. If you end up getting our kitchen accessory, it looks like you'll be kneeling on the pad when accessing the sink. The cooktops will be set up on the hanging shelves (the bed extensions in their shelf configuration) so that you'll be able to stand comfortably while cooking."
Would still love to see the CT able to "hook up" to a (overland) trailer with range extender battery built into that.