AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
It doesn't get to us, ever, if it doesn't come out in the first place, tho.

-Crissa
You mean like an Aptera reservation? :) /s
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm curious if the Cybertruck FSD feature will be able to calculate complex reversing situations hooked up to a Lightship L1?
I don't see any way that FSD can control the universe of variables that different trailers can have, especially absent on-board sensors at the trailer.

never say never, or maybe one day, but - no time soon would I expect anything other than FSD to be completely disabled when the CT is in trailer mode

OP
OP
AlDente

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I'm going to check out the Lightship in person next weekend at the Electrify Expo. Considering the price of a good Airstream Travel Trailer, the Lightstream is in the same ballpark and the battery and drive units make it an even more compelling option. My concerns are how the drive unit interacts with the vehicle. I think they are onto something but I'm pretty sure a second or third generation product engineered specifically for the CYbertruck would be the only thing I would seriously consider. After waiting 4 plus years for the Cybertruck, these things take a long time to come to fruition and are likely to cost more than the original projections.
Sponsored