Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I have a Camplite Livin' Lite 21BHS. The brand stopped production in 2018, I think. Thor had purchased the brand and built them for a few years, but I think they were too expensive for them to build. Most of them were all aluminum even the chassis frame (unlike Airstream), all six sides of the body framing, the floor is extruded aluminum plank, the exterior body panels are aluminum with automotive paint. Interior is azdel, there is no wood or any product in its construction that will rot when your trailer gets a leak. With most trailers, you will get a leak eventually, with traditional, you can have major structural repairs if you don't catch it right away. With my camper, I can just fix the leak and let it dry! The latest models had some fiberglass or non aluminum parts for cost savings.
It is relatively light weight compared to the average trailer of it's size. They're not perfect, and are hard to find, but depending how you want to use it, it can be a great trailer.

Here's a forum with some info: https://aluminumcamperforum.com/index.php

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Camper 20200905_103637

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Camper 20190625_143227
Sponsored

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
There is no evidence for this.

-Crissa
There absolutely is. A few others already explained it. Shell campers over hang the side of the bed to gain space. The sails will get in the way of this.
It’s no big deal. The people who use shell campers are probably 0.5% of truck owners. I don’t mind giving up that ability in the name of better aero. Sooner or later you’ll have to accept that this truck won’t be the best at everything. It’s perfectly acceptable to be best at most.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There absolutely is. A few others already explained it. Shell campers over hang the side of the bed to gain space. The sails will get in the way of this.
...And at no point have they demonstrated that the sails are taller in the space given.

That's why there's no evidence. No one has measured it.

-Crissa

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...And at no point have they demonstrated that the sails are taller in the space given.

That's why there's no evidence. No one has measured it.

-Crissa
It has sails. Period. What part is confusing you?

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, let's. What height is the highest point of the sail?

-Crissa
It extends all the way to the top of the cab. Sometimes I wish I could live in the weird, imaginary place that you do. Anyone who played the game as a kid where you had to put different shaped pegs into different shaped holes could figure this out. You have this weird opinion that the square peg is going to fit into the triangle hole.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It extends all the way to the top of the cab.
....And why do you think the back of the cab is so tall?

Is it because you don't actually know the height of the back of the cab, and that it's much shorter than the back of say, an F150?

This would be obvious if you looked at the comparisons.

-Crissa

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
....And why do you think the back of the cab is so tall?

Is it because you don't actually know the height of the back of the cab, and that it's much shorter than the back of say, an F150?

This would be obvious if you looked at the comparisons.

-Crissa
Are you so desperate to be right that you blatantly ignore everything sitting in front of you? I’ve tried to be be nice, but I could hold a more intelligent conversation with a fire hydrant. In case you haven’t noticed, nobody weighed in on your side, yet plenty weighed in on the side of obvious.
I respect your knowledge on the areas where you actually know what you’re talking about, but for the love of god please stop trying to make yourself look like an idiot.

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, you haven't.

You assert a positive knowledge when there is in fact a lack.

At no point were you being nice,

-Crissa
So you still think a square peg will fit in a triangle hole?

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry Crissa, but you have an obnoxious, know it all attitude on almost every thread. You’re blatantly wrong here. Just let it go. You have some very valuable input on many threads, and we appreciate it. Please just stick to what you know.