Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple
Occupation
Sales and Marketing - Vacation Rentals
Country flag
Well that Event was a total waste of 2 hours! It started 1 hour and 28 minutes late. Ran a non-informative video of internal parts for way too long. Watched a number of, some, interesting info about it. Then saw a number, around 10, of CT's handed over to their new Owner's. That's it.

No details, numbers or pricing for the rest of us that have been waiting years for.

VERY disappointing, to say the least!
Sponsored

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
What's a "+Range Extender"? Says it's worth 470 miles on the All Wheel Drive and 430 on the Beast.
As long as it is considered "separate" from the price of the truck (and doesn't impact the tax credit), I'll pay extra for a range extender (probably another battery stack).

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
and with those prices, I'm out in 4 years when the reservation comes up and they've increased another 20k from today. Just like they did today from 4 years prior.

Last edited:

RadoRage

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future CyberTruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
What's a "+Range Extender"? Says it's worth 470 miles on the All Wheel Drive and 430 on the Beast.
Wondered the same thing. Was very surprised at the initial mileage numbers (compared to the 500+ miles original goal)...BUT, my guess is that the "range extender" will be an additional cost to owners who want to "unlock" the full use of the battery pack range. And 470 for the all wheel drive model hits pretty close to their original goal of 500.

OhmsLolEnforcement

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So what's going on with existing reservations?
I selected dual motor 4 years ago and paid the $100. I want the same configuration now.
No need to plunk down another $250 today, right?

Edit:
My existing reservation page is unchanged.

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
Disappointing to me, I was hoping for a better price. Even though I reserved during the unveiling, I was hoping Elon would estimate how many would be made next year.
Sponsored