Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
I’m shocked how many builders build garages to the minimum standard of 20’. That just seems nutts in the modern era.
Come to the Bay Area, the townhouses that cost more than $1.3M have the single, narrow tandem garages. I had to squeeze my old X4 into one, was ridiculous.
Sponsored

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Fair enough, your geography mandates space efficiency. The price for the other advantages of a beautiful area. Politically they prob would prefer nothing bigger than a civic in CA anyway.

zachsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
My garage depth is 224.5”, 225” if I remove the drywall. I have space behind it to expand but then there’s the cost and hassle of construction.

When CT was originally unveiled it was obviously too long, but now it technically would fit but it’s probably ridiculously tight. I guess I have to rent on turo or wait for test drive availability to be sure.

Any East Bay owners willing to test out my garage for me?😐

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast, 2023 MYP, 2007 S2000, 1998 NSX
Country flag
My garage depth is 224.5”, 225” if I remove the drywall. I have space behind it to expand but then there’s the cost and hassle of construction.

When CT was originally unveiled it was obviously too long, but now it technically would fit but it’s probably ridiculously tight. I guess I have to rent on turo or wait for test drive availability to be sure.

Any East Bay owners willing to test out my garage for me?😐
Yeah! For sure, I'll bring my truck over for test fit. I'm in San Leandro.
Let me know when you wanna meet up, send me a private message, I've got you! 👊

Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2024 Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Yeah! For sure, I'll bring my truck over for test fit. I'm in San Leandro.
Let me know when you wanna meet up, send me a private message, I've got you! 👊
You're in San Leandro!? I've been watching all your videos to prepare for picking up our Cybertruck and they've been very helpful, so thanks for all your hard work on those. We picked ours up today and it is awesome!! I'm over in Castro Valley - we'll probably see you driving around!

Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2024 Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Our garage is long enough to accommodate a washer and dryer against the back wall, but I thought it would still be a tight fit. Just picked ours up today and relieved to see it fits okay - we can still get by to do the laundry, (I'm standing next to the washer to take this photo.) Can't open the tailgate with the garage door closed unless I pull it up against the washer, but there's no real need to do that anyway.
IMG_6648.JPG

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're in San Leandro!? I've been watching all your videos to prepare for picking up our Cybertruck and they've been very helpful, so thanks for all your hard work on those. We picked ours up today and it is awesome!! I'm over in Castro Valley - we'll probably see you driving around!
Wow!!! Congrats on CyberTruck!!! See you around town!! 📐

We hang around Castro Valley from time to time! Sometimes we stop by Pampas Cafe in Castro Valley or Eon Cafe in Hayward :)

Thanks for watching my videos! Glad they helped you prepare! 🤩👍

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
We now really appreciate that Tesla shrunk the CT down! Look at the difference between my F150 (just sold) and the CT where there is a walkaway to that side door. Its a huge impact when taking out the garbage.

PXL_20240218_015653580.jpg

PXL_20240221_033813819.jpg

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
100% that's ALWAYS on the back of my mind, even when I parallel park on the streets. I don't want to accidently open the tailgate and hit someone's vehicle!
Yep, I accidentally opened the tailgate from the screen on the dashboard. Might be good to have a 2ndary tab that comes up to confirm so that you hit it twice to open

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, I accidentally opened the tailgate from the screen on the dashboard. Might be good to have a 2ndary tab that comes up to confirm so that you hit it twice to open
100% I want to have a secondary confirmation the opening of the tailgate!
Sponsored