Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
The site itself is on a current cement place / gravel pit, isn't it?
I think the property is bounded by Harold green rd to the north, toll road 45 to the west and the Colorado river to the south and east.
This property was likely river bed the past few millions years which is why recently it was mined for sand and perhaps gravel. It appears that the ditches on the west side was used for elevating the toll road and material on the east side used for the Martin Mariotta cement plant to the north. There is an easement running in the middle of the property, north to south, with high voltage electrical lines.

If Tesla builds a large building they will need to do a lot of earth moving and figuring out how to manage runoff from the tollway.
I expect an army of graders in the next month or so!
Sponsored

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
Does Tesla waive the destination fee if you pick it up at the factory?
What if you are trading something in? Maybe they give you both options?

Questor3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When my CT is ready I will fly down from Chicagoland with my Bro-in-law to pick it up and we can drive it home! The Ultimate Road Trip in my very cool CyberTruck!

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wasting no time. A local area concrete truck driver said his company is expected to start deliveries in October.

4DC00A21-869F-4F07-AA0A-3B86C1776FF6.jpeg

Looks like Austin will have good weather for construction.

DROUGHT UPDATE

The Drought Monitor released Thursday showed expansion of MODERATE DROUGHT across parts of Fayette County along the existing MODERATE DROUGHT for Williamson County, Northwest Travis County, Burnet County, and parts of Milam County. Austin and areas to the north and west remain ABNORMALLY DRY, the precursor to drought. Additional areas of ABNORMALLY DRY conditions have developed across much of the CBS Austin viewing area.

LA NINA WATCH ISSUED

July 9th, the Climate Prediction Center issued a La Nina Watch for the Northern Hemisphere with a 50-55% chance of a La Nina developing into fall and winter. For Central Texas, La Nina patterns typically mean warmer and drier winters.

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
BoomTrooper, since you live not too far from the site give us an occasional update on the progress, will ya?
Will do! I'll try to swing by this weekend and will provide an update for sure.

TalSet

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR from Germany
Occupation
Self Employee / PV Cleaning
Country flag
Man it would be awesome if I can licence the Cybertruck here in Austria, flying with my Licence Plate to Austin, then making a Road Trip to CA and the from West to East to NY .
I have never been in the US, so that would be a perfect opportunity to visit that country.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Man it would be awesome if I can licence the Cybertruck here in Austria, flying with my Licence Plate to Austin, then making a Road Trip to CA and the from West to East to NY .
I have never been in the US, so that would be a perfect opportunity to visit that country.

I visited Vienna back in 2017. I was supposed to take a week long course in Derivatives Trading in Zurich through Deutsche Börse but it was cancelled and I had already bought airline tickets. So, I decided to make a vacation out of it and went to Milan, Zurich, Vienna and Prague.

While in Vienna I was trying to find the Vienna Stock Exchange just to check it out(It wasn't too far from my hotel). I looked up the address and put in my iPhone maps and was navigating trying to locate it.

As I was walking I came across the Tesla showroom in Vienna and went in to check it out.

A salesman promptly came up and we started talking and found out he was from Dallas(Richardson), Texas. I asked how he liked in Vienna and he said he loved it.

As I was leaving I asked him if he knew where the VSE was and he said he wasn't sure, so I headed on out on my journey.

Come to find out it was about a half a block away. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and when I got my refund back from Deutsche Börse I lost about $100.00 in the exchange rate.☹ And the International wire cost $100.00 when I paid for it!

Last edited:

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Austria is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Absolutely clean and well kept. I loved driving around the rural parts of Austria.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I would think this is totally doable. I flew to Stuttgart to take delivery of a car in the early 2000s, drove it around Germany and Austria, went to the 'Ring to find it closed for the day.

A girl I dated from Greece took a cross country road trip with me here in the States to see the Grand Canyon. She lost her mind at how BIG this county is! Literally had a melt down being in a car for 32 hours straight at 75-90 mph on the way home.

Last edited:

Robesaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dodge Ram
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Cool, first thing I'll get to do in my truck is drive it from TX to CA.
That’s a good idea. Maybe I’ll pick mine up at the factory and take a supercharger route home to Vancouver B.C.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Wasting no time. A local area concrete truck driver said his company is expected to start deliveries in October.

4DC00A21-869F-4F07-AA0A-3B86C1776FF6.jpeg
Unleash the graders!!!

It is clear that that they are working on the west side of the property (was farmland before the tollway) which has slightly greater elevation than the eastern side.

This photo is pointing north on the 43 about 1500 feet from the river.

Thanks for the photo!

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
I will just have a 1 hour drive to the factory to pick my CT up. :cool:
Having them built just up the road makes me even more excited to get one!

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I will just have a 1 hour drive to the factory to pick my CT up. :cool:
Having them built just up the road makes me even more excited to get one!
Must be nice!! I would be so happy to be in that position!
Sponsored