Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
One thing to mention here is that a $100k truck is in no way cost efficient for occasionally hauling stuff from Home Depot.
For $19 they could have rented a truck right at the Home Depot that could haul that load within its capacity and with a drop-side flat-bed that could be conveniently and quickly side-loaded by the forklift (and for those with a forklift handy at home, conveniently unloaded as well).

Yes, it would have taken a bit more time on the rental paperwork and the extra trip to return the rental truck.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/rental/load-n-go-truck-rental/316822131

This is not so much in regards to the CyberTruck, but the whole America culture of everyone needs to own a pickup truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Is that on the bump stops?
Not in that frame.
It goes down a bit further when the forklift lowers the back half of the load all the way onto the truck.
Based on the remaining lack of wheel clearance, definitely getting close or maybe even on the stops after that, though.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
One thing to mention here is that a $100k truck is in no way cost efficient for occasionally hauling stuff from Home Depot.
For $19 they could have rented a truck right at the Home Depot that could haul that load within its capacity and with a drop-side flat-bed that could be conveniently and quickly side-loaded by the forklift (and for those with a forklift handy at home, conveniently unloaded as well).

Yes, it would have taken a bit more time on the rental paperwork and the extra trip to return the rental truck.

This is not so much in regards to the CyberTruck, but the whole America culture of everyone needs to own a pickup truck.
While I don't disagree with you, that $19 is for 75 minutes, load, travel out, unload, and travel back.
That tends to eat that time up pretty quickly.

You have a truck, why not use it?

I know, there are those that would rather plastic wrap their trucks and leave them pristine.

I can't wait for that first ding on a vehicle, I can breathe then.

Reactions: REM

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
While I don't disagree with you, that $19 is for 75 minutes, load, travel out, unload, and travel back.
That tends to eat that time up pretty quickly.

You have a truck, why not use it?

I know, there are those that would rather plastic wrap their trucks and leave them pristine.

I can't wait for that first ding on a vehicle, I can breathe then.
Exactly why a 20 year old 3/4 ton truck that already has dents in the bed is such a useful thing.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Exactly why this will never replace my plumbing vans. Heck, he had emptied the entire truck just to load some drywall.
You can't imagine what a service plumber needs to carry around.
Possibly if all I did was drain work then it might work. Minus a built in jetter.

Rick

Aces-Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Prius
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Seeing this Thread; along with the Owners Manual thread, got me thinking about the true Payload capacity. And I like Playing with numbers in spreadsheets. So I created one to try out different scenarios. Based on it, if just the driver, and nothing in the Frunk or underbed, the max payload S.B. slightly less than 1,600 lbs. and a sheet of 4x8x 5/8 weighs 71 lbs. So he should have only loaded 22 sheets if he wanted to be w/in Tesla's specs. Looks like it's 32 sheets? That's be 2.270 lbs!!!

I'll start a new thread with details for various scenarios soon. And I'll add the link to it here once I do. Here is the Thread: "https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...can-carry-its-not-2-500lbs.11391/#post-227565"

Last edited:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

You're not taking into account the income that Youtube pays for views. 🤑

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Exactly why a 20 year old 3/4 ton truck that already has dents in the bed is such a useful thing.
Although I've threaten to, I've never had the gumption to key a new car just to get the stress of the first dent over with, I do get a touch of satisfaction when it finally, organically happens. 😌