Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Musk: “Cybertruck is going to change the look of the road”.

Analyst: “Tesla is going to limit how many they make”.

Franz: “We designed the Cybertruck with manufacturing in mind from the start”

Analyst: “Going to be a low volume vehicle”.

A little cognitive impairment going on I think
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Some group being a cult is often just in contrast to whatever group is making the statement. I mean look at the Romans. They considered Christianity to be a cult. How many christians are there now? Morgan Stanley may see CT enthusiasts as a small cult. But wait till the see the sales numbers over time. Perhaps they will call us a large cult. Or their analysts may even decide they want to join. Then the traditionalist ICE truck guys may become the small cult that doesn't want to move forward.

Now, there are some seriously dangerous groups that are seen as cults. So not trying to minimize that issue. But generally, when I see someone resort to calling a group a cult, it just means they don't have a rational reason to make the group look bad. So they result to name calling. In general it tends to show their weak argument more than anything about said group.
Cults can be dangerous, especially when they use misinformation to negatively influence important areas of your life like your finances.

I think the people always trying to throw shade on Tesla (for example, by pushing the narrative that the Cybertruck will be a low-volume vehicle) are more of a cult than fans of Tesla and their many real-world accomplishments. What accomplishments does a stock analyst have under their belt?

Carolinahiker

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Ram 1500
Occupation
Technologist
Country flag
I am not a huge Tesla fan….yet. The Cybertruck will hopefully make me one. Elon makes mistakes every now again like all humans, but he will be the greatest visionary entrepreneur of this century.
He will lose some bets he makes, but will win way, way more. I am a huge fan and have great respect for him. If Elon says you are doing something wrong or stupid, guess what -you are doing something wrong or stupid. As time goes on, that will become more obvious to others who are blinded by guess what ? “Cult” or group think. He is a maverick that thinks for himself and sees truth And doesn't give a crap what others think.

Mudduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ct3
Country flag
I never thought I was a cult member.

it is not like I would give them money for their proprietary products… ummm

Nor would I commit to an annual monetary contract… (data package)

I do not dress in their swag…. (Tesla broken window t-shirt, hoodie, hat)

I’m a cult member
I see a new T-Shirt on the press now.

"Telsa Cybertruck Cult Member"

Wanna ride in my truck little lady.?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m pretty ambivalent about the whole Twitter thing. I am fine with what Musk is doing with the platform, but just hard for me to get super excited by it.

I don’t think Tesla needs a Musk-owned Twitter to thrive.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
THIS!
Im a big Tesla fan, not so much an Elon fan. You can be one and not the other.No need for guilt by association.
Nothing wrong with being a fan of the human doing the most to move humanity forward. I have a feeling in 3 or 4 decades he will be widely recognized for his beneficial effect on the average standard of living of humanity and his influence towards rational thought and striving to make the world a better place with less suffering.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
THIS!
Im a big Tesla fan, not so much an Elon fan. You can be one and not the other.No need for guilt by association.
You don’t want to be associated with SpaceX?

I’m a massive fan of Musk. Doesn’t mean I agree with everything he says. But the man has done more to move humanity forward than anyone else in a long long time.

You can be a fan of a person without agreeing with their political views. It’s allowed.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When the final specs come out and we see the actual production line truck, there is a chance that some of us are going to be disappointed. But I'm pretty sure that the majority here will be very happy with the final version.
Well, I'm 100% sure you are understating the likelihood that some will be disappointed with the actual production Cybertruck. They will be complaining louder than a fleet of 747's taking off, 100% guaranteed!

It goes back to the old adage that you can't please 100% of the people. There will always be those who would complain if Tesla decided to include $100,000 in gold bars in the bed of every new Cybertruck because it weighed too much and was not secured properly and it scratched them on the ride home.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, I'm 100% sure you are understating the likelihood that some will be disappointed with the actual production Cybertruck. They will be complaining louder than a fleet of 747's taking off, 100% guaranteed!

It goes back to the old adage that you can't please 100% of the people. There will always be those who would complain if Tesla decided to include $100,000 in gold bars in the bed of every new Cybertruck because it weighed too much and was not secured properly and it scratched them on the ride home.
They are already complaining now.

Hopefully the Big Ass Wiper will push it over 75%.

CyberGus and I are founding the Cult of the Big Ass Wiper.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are already complaining now.

Hopefully the Big Ass Wiper will push it over 75%.

CyberGus and I are founding the Cult of the Big Ass Wiper.
I want to be a member. I'm already developing some interesting Big Ass Wiper rituals to perform at our ceremonies. Nothing like some well-established ceremonial sacraments to bind a cult together.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
oh my - so how much is the expected total expense to own a CT? Install a home charging station + data package? Im 100% new to EV and Tesla. I am not happy about having to buy the $15k fully automated Add-on. So, if base price is $40k + 15K for fully auto --- what are we looking at all up and in?
then don't buy FSD.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I never thought I was a cult member.

it is not like I would give them money for their proprietary products… ummm

Nor would I commit to an annual monetary contract… (data package)

I do not dress in their swag…. (Tesla broken window t-shirt, hoodie, hat)

I’m a cult member
'Once a Jolly Swagman camped by a Billabong' in a CYBRTRK
Sponsored