Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
Looks Like I will be lucky to get mine by 2025.....Who knows that trucks will be out by then.
Sponsored

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
If there is another delay I will likely get something else. Some of us don’t have the money to buy vehicles will waiting for this to happen. I feel like I’m being told the Vikings will win the Super Bowl every year. C’mon Elon. Enough with the delays and trying to get us all to buy another Tesla in the mean time. It’s time to focus on this. Expanding the charging network doesn’t help those who don’t already have a Tesla.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
The issue is Elon promised the Cybertruck at the end of 2020.

So it is totally fair if the media gives him grief if it doesn't start production until Oct 2023. Totally fair. That would be almost 4 years since he announced the Cybertruck. That is a long time.
I don't ever remember a 2020 promise. the CT revealed in 2019 and they didn't even have land for a factory yet. I'm pretty sure that 2020 date is incorrect.

Hootie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Civic; '23 Model Y LR; '23 Ford Lightning
Country flag
sorry. I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds of that youtube video. A lot of youtubers out there putting content out for clicks.

only a few youtubers I like out there that puts out content that i like. even thou they may repeat themselves in videos, their delivery and information is good and I will support their channel.

this dude seems like a wanna be.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
sorry. I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds of that youtube video. A lot of youtubers out there putting content out for clicks.

only a few youtubers I like out there that puts out content that i like. even thou they may repeat themselves in videos, their delivery and information is good and I will support their channel.

this dude seems like a wanna be.
The beauty of YouTube is you have so many opinions on there it is easy to find one that matches your own. You just need to shop around enough and find one that agrees with your opinion. Then you can present it as a definitive “source” of truth.

I should make a jazz band and call it “Cherry Picking YouTube”.

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
I know I'm a long way away from mine. I'm pretty sure my Rivian reservation will be filled toward the end of 2023. While some on this site seem to hold Rivian in contempt, they are getting great reviews from a broad spectrum of people. I still believe the CT will be a better EV and the bigger bed will make it a better truck, it will be interesting to see if it handles as well as the R1T. As a late CT reservation holder, depending on production start up, ramp up and how many cancellations are ahead of me I think the earliest I could get a CT will be 2025, could be 2026. On the good side, it will be pretty clear by the time I have to choose which truck will meet my needs better.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I know I'm a long way away from mine. I'm pretty sure my Rivian reservation will be filled toward the end of 2023. While some on this site seem to hold Rivian in contempt, they are getting great reviews from a broad spectrum of people. I still believe the CT will be a better EV and the bigger bed will make it a better truck, it will be interesting to see if it handles as well as the R1T. As a late CT reservation holder, depending on production start up, ramp up and how many cancellations are ahead of me I think the earliest I could get a CT will be 2025, could be 2026. On the good side, it will be pretty clear by the time I have to choose which truck will meet my needs better.
I would love a Rivian. Chose the Cybertruck mostly due to price/ value. If the Rivian were about $20k less expensive, good chance I’d have ordered one.

Dropping $1000 for a truck from a company which hadn’t shipped a single vehicle was a big issue for me also.

Please post your truck pictures when you get it. There might be some complaining, but much envy as well.

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
I would love a Rivian. Chose the Cybertruck mostly due to price/ value. If the Rivian were about $20k less expensive, good chance I’d have ordered one.

Dropping $1000 for a truck from a company which hadn’t shipped a single vehicle was a big issue for me also.

Please post your truck pictures when you get it. There might be some complaining, but much envy as well.
I will for sure and absolutely agree about trusting in a company that hasn't produced a car at a profit is a risk. I think by the time my reservation comes up Rivian's future will be more certain. I am still concerned about spending $80K on a car that might not have service moving forward. I'm a CT reservation holder because of value and I think it will do some things better than any other electric truck (and it seats six...which I still need on rare occasions).

When you get your CT we can meet up at Jones Creek ORV in WA (https://www.dnr.wa.gov/geo/yacoltorv.pdf) or Tillamook State Forest and compare the two in the real world.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I will for sure and absolutely agree about trusting in a company that hasn't produced a car at a profit is a risk. I think by the time my reservation comes up Rivian's future will be more certain. I am still concerned about spending $80K on a car that might not have service moving forward. I'm a CT reservation holder because of value and I think it will do some things better than any other electric truck (and it seats six...which I still need on rare occasions).

When you get your CT we can meet up at Jones Creek ORV in WA (https://www.dnr.wa.gov/geo/yacoltorv.pdf) or Tillamook State Forest and compare the two in the real world.
Oh man… I would absolutely love that. Particularly since I have never driven any real 4WD trails.

Tilamook is only about 3 hours north I think and there are mountain bike trails up there I want to explore anyhow.