Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Not surprised. However this may be an issue to Tesla having launched the CT to tumultuous success in initial feedback and hundreds of thousands of reservations netting millions of dollars, how many will decline these reservations once they know there’s a realistically three plus year wait? Particularly with folks like me who are near the bottom of the near half million reservations. Will all those who reserved their CT and paid the $100 deposit still want the product after waiting four years? Did the waiting list for the Model S when it was introduced more than a decade ago see a loss in deposits due to that time delay getting that model to market? Time will tell if Tesla launched too early or not.
I'll wait- in the meantime I just save more $ to put down on it.
Sponsored

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
According to Munro, the CT will be able to be produced WAY faster than the RAM or the F-150 because of fewer components and a technologically advanced production line. According to some websites I've seen, there were 900,000 F-150's made in 2019. I'm guessing Tesla could produce arount 1.5 million CT's in a year. Just a guess.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
According to Munro, the CT will be able to be produced WAY faster than the RAM or the F-150 because of fewer components and a technologically advanced production line. According to some websites I've seen, there were 900,000 F-150's made in 2019. I'm guessing Tesla could produce arount 1.5 million CT's in a year. Just a guess.
Put this little info in your head. When I was working for GM at the Shreveport Truck Assembly Plant, part of my job was to fix the "cross-body wiring harness" station. That station had 21, yes, 21 DIFFERENT wiring harnesses that depended on the options ordered. Can you imaging the complexity of a production line that has THAT many different configurations in just a single station? I mean, 6 colors x 21 harnesses alone is already 126 different configurations. With the CT, you have 3 drivetrain choices, 2 FSD choices, maybe 2 vault cover choices (solar or not). That is 12 different configurations. Now, the FSD choice is really software based so the Line will only see 6 different vehicles rolling (driving itself ???) off the line.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
The truck structure could be produced quickly, but I worry about the ability to supply enough batteries to produce that many CTs.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The truck structure could be produced quickly, but I worry about the ability to supply enough batteries to produce that many CTs.
Hopefully, battery day will tell us more on that subject. It doesn't hurt that Tesla has renewed their deal with Panasonic and it looks like they are going to expand Giga-Nevada to meet new demand.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Tesla announcing more dense electrical storage, effectively cutting the number of batteries they need to produce and the weight/size of batteries needed for existing vehicles. But, it'll take much more than just a 30% increase in density to enable them to meet upcoming requirements.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Hopefully, battery day will tell us more on that subject. It doesn't hurt that Tesla has renewed their deal with Panasonic and it looks like they are going to expand Giga-Nevada to meet new demand.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Tesla announcing more dense electrical storage, effectively cutting the number of batteries they need to produce and the weight/size of batteries needed for existing vehicles. But, it'll take much more than just a 30% increase in density to enable them to meet upcoming requirements.
I agree but hoping besides battery density there will be increased production as we see Tesla taking a more hands on approach to not only battery development but manufacturing .

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
here's the deal concerning how many will bail before buying
If it comes out and is what they say it is and more then there will NOT be many cancellations.
That being said. I bought 110 shares of TSLA in hopes that it grows enough in two years ( I bought it 2 weeks ago and it is up over $15k) that I can pay for the Cyber with the profit. And if the Cyber sucks the money won't be there to buy it (and then my mind is made up for me) because I waited till the end of December to place an order so the bugs would be worked out before I became a test rat.
Well, that worked out well. ?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
at the rate the FED is printing money the cybertruck will be at a great price when it starts to get delivered since I believed the price is locked in dollars, since after hyperinflation kicks in the 69000 dollar price will not be as high as it is now, I just hope they honor the pricing if inflation goes out of control. I think it will be worth the wait, in the mean time I will probably get a cheap truck.
The lists on the three versions are (in round figures) $40, 50, and 70k. I'd bet that with increases plus required extras the latter two will be at least $60 and 80k. The $40k one? "Yes, we still plan to offer that, which we plan to build in the, um, near future."

Sazon88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Does anyone know for sure if the FSD $ locks in even if you edit your choice? I locked in I believe at $7000 with Dual. But I did edit my choice to Single and realized the FSD had bumped to $10,000. I didn’t click to add FSD on my new edit. On my new order form it does say Single Moyer with FSD. I’m assuming it locked the the FSD($7000)from my first order. Hopefully.

Sazon88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Does anyone know for sure if the FSD $ locks in even if you edit your choice? I locked in I believe at $7000 with Dual. But I did edit my choice to Single and realized the FSD had bumped to $10,000. I didn’t click to add FSD on my new edit. On my new order form it does say Single Moyer with FSD. I’m assuming it locked the the FSD($7000)from my first order. Hopefully.
No, we don't know if edits mess up the tracking. Keep your original receipt. According to California state law, they have to honor the original price.

-Crissa
thanks will do. I hope they honor it lol. Imagine they don’t. Yikes!!!

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Model S 70D, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss, .....
Country flag
I'm around 80,000th in line. I am really hoping i can expect delivery in 2022.

Right now I drive an ICE vehicle. If i was told for sure that i should not to expect delivery for the next 3 years, id be at a Tesla dealership now picking up a 3, y or X.

On one hand, it's nice to be relatively close to the front of the line, on the other hand, i'm stuck in a non Tesla vehicle it seems until the CT arrives.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
Tesla has some nice used cars at nice prices or check on onlyusedtesla
I bought my MS on usedtesla and I am pleasantly pleased. I will never go back especially if my snowplows go on the Cybertruck. If not a back drag plow will be on it.
Sponsored