Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Your reasons make sense. I just think there should be a park setting that is as low as it will go. With a car parked you don't need any suspension travel. But in a driving setting, even on a highway low aero drag setting you still need some suspension travel. During the night of the reveal I watched several ride-along videos and the drivers were talking up the adaptive air suspension, with the possibility of having many suspension modes/settings. I think it would be cool to have a parked/slammed setting. It's amazing how different the same exact vehicle looks with different ride heights.
To me, the CT looks way wider when it gets lowered. Here's the same image from Tesla (without it lowered). It doesn't look nearly as wide. I guess it's like tall girls look skinnier than short girls. :unsure:

frontquarter.jpg

frontlowered.jpg
Fantastic idea. Design that makes the Cybertruck parked-secure, undriveable and inaccessible from beneath as well. Not to mention Safety, it lowers roof rack access by ~2” eliminating a fall hazard from climbing above terra-firma to reach gear. Note your resting position eliminates foot room. Safer than allowing stepping atop tires to reach roofrack. Many a slip and foot entrapment potential eliminated by design.

Tesla has to see the attractive nuisance aspect as owners want to get a coupé in addition to the cyber, pickup, 4dr sedan, 4x4 and tow rig. SO additional sensor programmatic integration to override a mod.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That's a good question. :unsure:

Also, with the CT being an offroad vehicle, you have to throw in towing while offroad. There are going to be people towing offroad trailers to their favorite camping spot, many miles away from civilization.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Are you thinking it would be harder to steal the catalytic converter if parked at lowest setting 😉

Maybe not but some of your local four-legged friends would if they could, send you thank you notes.

Mice, rats, squirrels, chipmunk, weasels, martens, marmots, ferrets, woodchuck, rabbits, etc.

Will Cybertruck use it's cameras, FSD AI, and laser wipes in a RDDS (Rodent Detect & Defensive System)?

PEW! PEW! PEW! (RayGun sound https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RayGun )

or will we have to do this to protect our bullet-resistant Cybertruck !!!! ??

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pic - in lowest air suspension mode & windows down Marmot-Mobile_1

--------------------

Squirrels damage driver's car for third time costing owner thousands in repairs
By Pat Foran, Consumer Alert Videojournalist, CTV News Toronto
@PatForanCTVNews Contact
Published Thursday, March 5, 2020
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/squirrel...-costing-owner-thousands-in-repairs-1.4841188

--------------------

‘They Go Absolutely Insane and Tear Everything Apart’: Weasels Love German Cars
Auto makers are building defenses against stone martens, a type of weasel that invades engines and eats the wiring .
By William Boston
Dec. 26, 2019
https://www.wsj.com/articles/they-g...ng-apart-weasels-love-german-cars-11577377251

--------------------

Rats! This man’s EV was devoured by rodents and nobody wants to cover the €5,000 damage
By Natalie Huet • Updated: 09/04/2022
https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/...tric-car-and-nobody-wants-to-cover-the-damage

--------------------

If a squirrel chews up wires in your car, are you protected?
When you think of animals that can damage your car, squirrels might not be the first critters you think of. But, squirrels and other rodents have been known to chew on car wiring, causing damage to a vehicle's electrical systems.
Last updated: March 2014
https://www.allstate.com/resources/car-insurance/squirrel-chews-wires

--------------------

U.S. National Parks Service - Sequoia & Kings Canyon Parks > Plan Your Visit > Marmots
https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/marmots.htm

From spring through mid-summer, the marmots of Mineral King have been known to dine on radiator hoses and car wiring. They can disable a vehicle. On several occasions, marmots have not escaped the engine compartment quickly enough and unsuspecting drivers have given them rides to other parts of the parks; several have ridden as far as southern California!

- Physically block marmots by driving over a tarp and then wrapping it around your entire vehicle. Cover the wheel wells. Wrapping chicken wire around the vehicle is no longer advised, as marmots have learned to get around the wire.

- Use only non-toxic methods to prevent marmots from accessing your vehicle. Do not use any poison or substance that pose a risk to the environment, human or animal health, safety or property.

- If you visit Mineral King, especially before August, check for possible damage when you return to your vehicle. Before starting your car, look under the hood for marmots or signs of chewing. Check hoses, belts, electrical wiring, insulation, and radiator fluid level. Inspect under the vehicle for signs of coolant or brake fluid leakage.

*** The National Park Service and Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are not responsible for damage caused by marmots. Our suggestions for protecting your vehicle may not prevent damage.

--------------------

National park tells hikers to wrap cars due to sneaky pest Visitors need to wrap their vehicles like a Christmas present to keep them safe while they are out exploring one of California’s most popular national parks.
By Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist and staff writer
https://www.accuweather.com/en/travel/national-park-tells-hikers-wrap-cars-marmots/935941
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pic - in lowest air suspension mode & windows down marmot-tarp-1

--------------------

Many more example can be found in the thread below

Mice rats and wiring
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/mice-rats-and-wiring.2144/

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
I want my Cybertruck to have a suspension setting so low that it prevents squirrels and marmots from crawling underneath. There is no gopher setting, but fortunately they won’t chew wiring or hoses.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I want my Cybertruck to have a suspension setting so low that it prevents squirrels and marmots from crawling underneath. There is no gopher setting, but fortunately they won’t chew wiring or hoses.
Not sure if physics allows for a setting that low. Many of the critters mentioned have burrowing capabilities. If the critter is motivated enough, laying flat on the ground still won’t be low enough.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Most squirrels are quite good at climbing and can hop 2-3 feet.

It will likely be impossible to lower the truck enough to block access.

Just make sure to drive the truck weekly a little. You’ll want to rotate that rubber regardless.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
I’m happy for those getting their Rivians, Lightning’s etc but I’ll continue to patiently wait for my Cybertruck.
[/QUOTE

I've seen two rivians in the week this past week. Cool looking but kinda small.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Most squirrels are quite good at climbing and can hop 2-3 feet.

It will likely be impossible to lower the truck enough to block access.

Just make sure to drive the truck weekly a little. You’ll want to rotate that rubber regardless.
As if I needed another reason to NEVER go camping again (didn't : -)). I may offroad occasionally but camping in California is no longer enjoyable. Hanging out in the dirt with strangers isn't my idea being outdoors (insert "when I was a boy" story here) ;-)

Bjorneo

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag

wtibbit

First Name