cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
The prototype does look nice overall. The thing that they will need to alter about the hitch, IMO, is that it appears the receiver is not long enough to get past the bumper. That could make for some issues if you have the need to use a drop, or more importantly, a rise hitch. Also, since the hitch is not past the bumper that leaves a ton of opportunity to smack the bumper while hooking up or decoupling. I have to think the hitch is there just to promote the idea of towing to make the prototype legit in the eyes of truck guys like myself and that this whole hitch receiver apparatus will be completely different in the production version.

Personally, I feel that towing will likely be done at mid to low height to maximize aero. The exact CT ride height that will cause the least wind drag will likely be different depending on trailer, so I'd have a drop (and rise) hitch to level the trailer and mess with CT ride height to get the best range with the trailer in tow. It would take some experimentation, but the cool thing is the truck will help greatly to understand when you've hit that sweet spot. Then again, the height of the CT may have minimal effect on the overall range when towing. It will be interesting to even have the option of altering height to see. The end of my main towing task is at the hunting lease where it is extremely bumpy at times, so I'd like be at highest ride height (and most suspension travel) I could get to make that last part of the journey more comfortable.

For towing the air suspension could be used to great advantage when hooking up or decoupling. I'd back up in low height, raise the back of the truck to engage the hitch to the ball and raise the tongue jack off the ground, then go back, engage the tongue coupler, flip my tongue jack, safety chain it, and plug in the harness. Then I'd lower my rear suspension back to whatever height I planned on driving the trailer.
Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
How "big" did it feel in person? I feel as though pictures aren't doing it justice. kind of looks like a long car with a lift. lol

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
The CT in person was fantastic. So if it looks this good for prototype, Elon said the production version will be better. It doesn’t look big at all, just different than the normal looking truck. Better looking that is. Maybe longer than normal. I love it either way.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 4B4AE04D-C6C7-4EA7-968E-58DC368B1405

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 6222C920-BE87-47F1-844B-707C6AA4CA60

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 5A3E64E1-1B91-4529-9C91-56B164746E1A

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The CT in person was fantastic. So if it looks this good for prototype, Elon said the production version will be better. It doesn’t look big at all, just different than the normal looking truck. Better looking that is. Maybe longer than normal. I love it either way.

5A3E64E1-1B91-4529-9C91-56B164746E1A.jpeg

Thanks for your perspective. Referencing the published specs, the prototype is close to that of an F-150 (SuperCrew?), so I don't understand why people are saying CT is "massive". Unless, these are not traditional truck-people such that they're not used to the size of a light-medium pick-up truck.

Even when Model X was being developed, those who also saw the prototypes said it was really big but it wasn't really IMO.

P.S. I'm not a photo expert but your pictures are the nicest I've seen as far as lighting, colour, and softness (?) are concerned. Thanks for sharing!!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I noticed some small items on the exterior that will probably change on the production version. Hitch location, exterior lighting assemblies, lack of tailgate emblems designating Tri/Dual/Single motor, wheels and tires pushed out past the wheel flares, outside mirrors if vehicle requirements stay the same and lastly the lack of windshield wipers (laser wipers?).

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It has, we're told, adjustable-height air suspension. As a former Citroen owner, would like to see a video of it going from full down to normal ride-height to full up.
I thought they showed that in the unveiling video. Have you reviewed that?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
As I can see the assembly quality is still bad. Very bad! Is it only I noticed missed screws on the bottom where the battery is? Wheel sound protection is displaced. I think I will wait for at least 6 months after delivery starts. I feel the first one's will have so many problems as well as Model Y
Only one small problem with our new Model Y... Just picked it up on the 20th... two months exactly after we ordered it. The MY is for my wife... the CT is for me. It's going to be a long hard wait for me while she enjoys hers!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] 20200621 Donna's Model Y 02

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Only one small problem with our new Model Y... Just picked it up on the 20th... two months exactly after we ordered it. The MY is for my wife... the CT is for me. It's going to be a long hard wait for me while she enjoys hers!

20200621 Donna's Model Y 02.jpg
Looks nice! what was the small problem??

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That’s part of the reason I opted for the tri motor. By the time they start producing those QC should be somewhat locked down I’d imagine.
Actually, Tesla typically builds the higher priced models first and that would make the Tri-motor versions first off the production line (which is one of many reasons I opted for the tri-motor.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag

20200621 Donna's Model Y 02.jpg
Beautiful. That looks really sharp. Getting my wife a Y later this year. She wants it in white though. The blue looks really sleek.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Any paint or fit and finish issues? I understand some of the early builds are suffering from QC issues that seem to go along with building a new model.

mrazndead1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
Here are some more photos. Tires are GoodYear. Interior seats look cool with the white backing. You can see some of the panel gaps in the photos, they'll fix all that im sure. The hitch does not come out far enough to clear the top of the back hatch. hope they get the front lights more even around the edges. Extra pictures from the other parts of the museum, lots of cool cars from movies. The bollinger looks great too... I think Rivian Truck is DOA honestly... The CyberTruck is roughly the size of the F150. I tried to measure with my shoe, walking like I did a sobriety test. 90 inches width, and probably 205 inches length, like F150. CyberTruck looks bigger though optically, because of the flat slanted front, and the back, so it just looks bigger, but probably same size as F150 screw cab. I think CT is great size, but they have got to upgrade/redesign the hitch...

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_134758

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_134905

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135001

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135014

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135225

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135228

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135233

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135335

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135648

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_135715

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_142000

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_142047

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_143123

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_143156

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_143229

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_143552

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_144236

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_144752

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_144821

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145052

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145137

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145537

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145545

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145748

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145800

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145813

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145830

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_145841 - Copy

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] IMG_20200621_142037

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I noticed some small items on the exterior that will probably change on the production version. Hitch location, exterior lighting assemblies, lack of tailgate emblems designating Tri/Dual/Single motor, wheels and tires pushed out past the wheel flares, outside mirrors if vehicle requirements stay the same and lastly the lack of windshield wipers (laser wipers?).
There should be no problem with the wheels. A lot of people do that to their trucks. Reducing it would cause a hump in the bed or making the whole truck wider.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Thanks for your perspective. Referencing the published specs, the prototype is close to that of an F-150 (SuperCrew?), so I don't understand why people are saying CT is "massive". Unless, these are not traditional truck-people such that they're not used to the size of a light-medium pick-up truck.

Even when Model X was being developed, those who also saw the prototypes said it was really big but it wasn't really IMO.

P.S. I'm not a photo expert but your pictures are the nicest I've seen as far as lighting, colour, and softness (?) are concerned. Thanks for sharing!!

Fyi, I used my iPhone 11 in automatic mode for my photo. Thank you for your compliment.

Sonny
Sponsored