Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Only one small problem with our new Model Y... Just picked it up on the 20th... two months exactly after we ordered it. The MY is for my wife... the CT is for me. It's going to be a long hard wait for me while she enjoys hers!

20200621 Donna's Model Y 02.jpg

I feel your pain. I share a 2013 MS with my wife, basic car but I enjoy every moment when I drive it. I pre-ordered a tri-motor CT. 2 long years I will wait. I did wait for 16 years since my 2004 Nissan Titan truck.
Sponsored

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I can see the assembly quality is still bad. Very bad! Is it only I noticed missed screws on the bottom where the battery is? Wheel sound protection is displaced. I think I will wait for at least 6 months after delivery starts. I feel the first one's will have so many problems as well as Model Y
If you go to the Peterson Automotive Museum website and sign up for the Newsletter information for the Cybertruck will show. I emailed the Museum this morning and the display dates have been extended until 7/6! My spouse tells me there is a discount coupon for tickets on Groupon?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
There should be no problem with the wheels. A lot of people do that to their trucks. Reducing it would cause a hump in the bed or making the whole truck wider.
I have never seen a factory original vehicle where the tires poke out beyond the fender or fender flare. There must be a DOT requirement but I was unable to locate it. I can assure you that the wheels and tires on the production version will not be as aggressive as those mounted on the prototype.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pics & videos from the Petersen Automotive Museum [Dates Extended Until July 5] C670533B-7050-4824-B075-BDBB25AF0D19

Last edited:

Deleted member 5322

Only one small problem with our new Model Y... Just picked it up on the 20th... two months exactly after we ordered it. The MY is for my wife... the CT is for me. It's going to be a long hard wait for me while she enjoys hers!

20200621 Donna's Model Y 02.jpg
Glad you have only “one small issue” google about MY issues or watch youtube. 90%( roughly my estimate) of owners complain about paint issues, panels gap, backstage alignment, and trim panels.
But I believe you do not have these issues, or you just did not notice them yet :)

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I have never seen a factory original vehicle where the tires poke out beyond the fender or fender flare. There must be a DOT requirement but I was unable to locate it. I can assure you that the wheels and tires on the production version will not be as aggressive as those mounted on the prototype.

C670533B-7050-4824-B075-BDBB25AF0D19.jpeg
I believe the law you are looking for states that a wheel can't stick out further than the vehicle IF it doesn't have fender flares. The cybertruck does. There may be a separate manufacturing law but doubt it. As I stated above, the reason it sticks out is because the bed is flat. If Tesla were to make it flush than there would be a wheel hump like every other truck. Also aggressive seems like an over-exaggeration. It looks like it's only sticking out 2 inches.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I like the pics with Tony Stark/Iron Man overlooking the CT. Especially relevant since Elon was in Iron Man 2 as himself.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Beautiful. That looks really sharp. Getting my wife a Y later this year. She wants it in white though. The blue looks really sleek.
Thanks! It does look really good. There was a little spot on the lower driver's door edge that looked like someone opened it against a brick wall or something... Tesla is fixing it. Other than that, it was really good. Next weekend, I'm going to use Adam's UV Paint Ceramic Coating Complete Kit on it for long-time protection. I wanted to try something a little better than simple wax to protect the paint. It should look really good with that mirror-like finish.
Glad you have only “one small issue” google about MY issues or watch youtube. 90%( roughly my estimate) of owners complain about paint issues, panels gap, backstage alignment, and trim panels.
But I believe you do not have these issues, or you just did not notice them yet :)
There was a place, when you looked into the seam by the windshield where you could see it wasn't painted down in there. They fixed that on the spot. The right rear reflector was loose due to a clip not done right. The edge of the driver's door is where the one issue was that they didn't take care of on the spot. They offered to fix it but we didn't want to leave the car there and drive back down. It was a three hour drive. The rear seat was "misaligned" but was so slightly misaligned that neither of us even cared. I would have rather the car been perfect but we were concerned that it would be a disaster based on "all the reports". We were pleasantly surprised and quite happy with the car.

We didn't go there unarmed. I did a LOT of research and we watched videos of checklists and what to look for. I even took a flashlight with me so I could see better during my inspection. It was bright and sunny out so we got a good look. I've bought about 60 other vehicles and am quite thorough when purchasing. This proved to be on-par with other vehicles we've purchased.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I hope Battery Day includes some news updates on the Cybertruck.
Same here... same here... Hopefully, they announce that the CT will get the new batteries and they expect it to now have XXX miles of range and be ### lighter. It'd be neat to have 500 miles of "everyday range" which would require it to have 714 miles of range, right? That's operating between 20% and 90% regularly. Man, that'd be some serious range!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Any paint or fit and finish issues? I understand some of the early builds are suffering from QC issues that seem to go along with building a new model.
Two paint spots that were issues. One was obviously caused by incomplete coverage but was down in a crack. You couldn't see it unless you looked really close and down into it. I did. They fixed it on the spot and since it was down in there, it wouldn't matter if it was done perfect or not. The second spot was caused post-production and possibly the center where we picked it up. It looked and felt like the door contacted a cinder block. just the very edge of the driver's door down low for about 1 1/2 inches. They offered to fix it there and we could come back to get it (nope.) or they'd set up something local to us to get it fixed. That's what we are going to do. It'll take up to 3 days during which they'll give us a loaner. Easy Peasy. Again, this wasn't a process problem but rather either a shipping or delivery center issue. Everyone was really nice to deal with. It was a really good experience.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I feel your pain. I share a 2013 MS with my wife, basic car but I enjoy every moment when I drive it. I pre-ordered a tri-motor CT. 2 long years I will wait. I did wait for 16 years since my 2004 Nissan Titan truck.
I don't know if I'm going to be "sharing" it with my wife. It's her car. When we go out, she likes me to drive so I'll at least get to drive it. It sure makes getting back into my 2010 Prius a lot harder. (I just sold my 2013 F350 Platinum as we go "truckless" for the first time in over 19 years). Man, this wait is going to be tough.

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After seeing the truck in person I had a reoccurring thought. How does Tesla plan to procure the vast amount of 3mm thick stainless steel sheets that will be required to meet daily production goals. Find a local supplier? Purchase an existing steel factory? Build a factory from scratch and manufacture it themselves to help control production and costs?

53814F6B-5A73-4DA3-88EA-2788B057347B.jpeg
My guess would be the same supplier of the SpaceX program in Boca Chica.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Well here it is guys. First thing they told me to do is not touch it, but as you can see certain things just can't be helped. I touched the cybertruck with my own hand. Wanna smell my fingers?
Museums (and their security guards) tend to get a pretty upset if you even "point too close".

Don't ask me how I know this. :confused:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Wow, it is a great truck and cannot wait to put it to work.
I am curious about the following:
1. How are they going to design the structure in order for the truck to be able to tow that much??
you cannot see underneath because it is all covered but the tow hitch is attached to what???

2. Suspension: it was not clear in the video how the cybertruck is designed?? I did not see the
the steering knuckle which is the part that contains the wheel hub or spindle, and attaches to the suspension and steering components.

anybody knows anything about the suspension design and how the truck is going to be able to tow that much?? how is it going to be a lot stronger than the Honda Ridgeline design???

Rivian showed the components underneath the body but tesla did not yet.
Sponsored