Cybertruck Production Dates Changed. Tri-Motor Coming One Year Earlier!

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Tesla must be confident they can produce batteries at scale to meet demand. The tri motor testing must also be going well to say they will have it ready for end of 2021.
Sponsored

Mach Schnell!

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D; CyberTruck Tri-Motor on order
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Great news! Made my day.

atebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3 LR, 2019 Tundra
Country flag
You must be new to Tesla and “Tesla Time”. :) Schedules are usually not based on reality or (known) laws of physics. Hopefully with five models (counting the original roadster) under their belt by the time the truck enters production they’ll be closer to the mark.

Tesla must be confident they can produce batteries at scale to meet demand. The tri motor testing must also be going well to say they will have it ready for end of 2021.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am new to buying a Tesla and experienced at watching Tesla. I was expecting to see my Tri Motor by summer 2023 not spring 2022.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Do you have to take your Tesla when it hits your reservation number in the production cycle or can you delay delivery?

chalevoixboy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL450, Mini Cooper, Porsche 928
Occupation
Operating Director
Country flag
Noooooooo! OK, OK, I get it...I’m in manufacturing too, the demand is where you need to put the effort. I have a single motor ordered, so I’ll have to wait. Maybe battery life will improve and any production issues worked out, and I’ll be glad I had to wait a little longer.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
I did pre-order the base model with self driving for now, think will stick with that and wait the possible extra year. Not happy about that but makes sense to produce most profitable version with highest performance specs first to boost up the perception and specs of the best performing model. I guess bright side for me and a base model is: more time to perfect production and self driving and a little more time to save up! Hopefully ease of production goes as planned and we see an early delivery like Model Y so maybe my real extra wait will be more like 6 months vs a year? Hope So because can't wait to drive the Cybertruck! Saw good advice about being patient and get ready for the roller-coaster ride of anticipation and news, But difficult as Im already looking for news / videos / opinions daily at this point! Any advice from previous Tesla owners on how to remain sane during these years of anticipation?? HA

CWO3

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Hellcat Charger, 1996 Ford Bronco (408 Stroker), 1973 Ford F100 Ranger (Stroked 427)
Occupation
Mechanical Construction Manager
Country flag
I was hoping he would do this! Sorry single motor people.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Orders for the tri motor Cybertruck are surely going to take a leap today.

TeslaLover

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Fusion SE
Country flag
Good luck to the people who ordered Tri-Motor and Dual Motor. At least the ones who ordered Single Motor will be able to know about the problems beforehand.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Since just updated shuffle of production time here's an idea: Include self-driving if single motor folks upgrade to a duel motor? 2K more then single motor with self driving pre-order +2k more cash. Still get truck when originally expected and upgraded. Would take the extra year of waiting sting off a bit! Thanks, still very excited. (And to make it fair allow limited time for all pre-orders to upgrade to self driving for 2k?)

Last edited:

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Just switched to Tri. Mostly for the extra range, partly just cuz... :D

Karen Palmer

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
According to the updated Cybertruck pre-order page, the production timing for the Tri-Motor has moved up!

Here's what the ordering page now states:
  • Tri Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Tri Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Dual Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Dual Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Single Motor RWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Single Motor RWD production is expected to begin in late 2022.”
The single motor version has been moved back to late 2022, which is no surprise considering it has the lowest take rate. When tweeting the first pre-order figures, Musk said that 42% of reservation holders ordered the Dual Motor option, 41% chose the Tri Motor option, and only 17% chose Single Motor option.
According to the updated Cybertruck pre-order page, the production timing for the Tri-Motor has moved up!

Here's what the ordering page now states:
  • Tri Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Tri Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Dual Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Dual Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Single Motor RWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Single Motor RWD production is expected to begin in late 2022.”
The single motor version has been moved back to late 2022, which is no surprise considering it has the lowest take rate. When tweeting the first pre-order figures, Musk said that 42% of reservation holders ordered the Dual Motor option, 41% chose the Tri Motor option, and only 17% chose Single Motor option.

Karen Palmer

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you ordered the single what will it do now to change to double and how do you do that does it put you in the back?
Sponsored