Cybertruck Production Dates Changed. Tri-Motor Coming One Year Earlier!

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
Just hoping the dual motor has an extended range option - cold weather, highway speeds, long distances between charging stations makes 300 marginal. I don't need supercar acceleration or 14000 lbs of tow. Or paying higher insurance and registration fees because of extra MSRP.
Sponsored

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
If you ordered the single what will it do now to change to double and how do you do that does it put you in the back?
Go to your Tesla account and select “manage” beside your truck then select “edit design” on the right side.

Last edited:

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
Thanks SEER -- I may switch from RWD to dual AWD and cough up the extra $10K...

But the finance part of me keeps saying I'm paying $4K for AWD/4x4 (just like ICE trucks) and $6K to get the mileage bump from 250 to 300

TulsaCasey

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wealth advisor
Country flag
Does anyone know how to change my order from single motor to dual? I’ve emailed three different groups with no response

TulsaCasey

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wealth advisor
Country flag
Done -- switched from RWD to AWD and added $10K...Wifey is gonna sass me, but who needs to remodel that extra/visitor bathroom anyway????
how did you do this??? Please help! I need to do the same thing

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Go to your Tesla account and select “manage” beside your truck then select “edit design” on the right side.

Will probably do this too but remove Autodrive to make up for most of the price difference, will save an additional $150 or so on my monthly payment and can add it later at possible increased cost later if Robotaxi is in the real world yet. Or just re-evaluate this decision a year from now and adjust model choice depending on updated timeline / autodrive situation at that time.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Just hoping the dual motor has an extended range option - cold weather, highway speeds, long distances between charging stations makes 300 marginal. I don't need supercar acceleration or 14000 lbs of tow. Or paying higher insurance and registration fees because of extra MSRP.
That is an excellent question. Because i would think the real most popular configuration by far would be the dual motor with 500+ miles.
Or maybe have extended range as an option for all. It may change between now and then.
Just for the range, I opted for the TriMotor. But...it is a big vehicle to live with every day! I wonder how many really realize the reality of that?

ZachsDad

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS 85, Jeep JKU, Leaf
Occupation
Hospital Pharmacist
Country flag
Yes! This will now coincide with my retirement. Hoping to take the tri-motor and the Black Series HQ17 on an extended (years?) road trip!

TulsaCasey

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wealth advisor
Country flag
They didn’t give me a tesla account when I ordered it, I went and made one but my order isn’t linked to my account. Fml
Sponsored