First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Family Van
Country flag
Hey There!
This is a screen shot out of the mentioned video. What are those stripes on the left hand side for?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted filming for Jay Leno's Garage and accelerating in traffic (video) Bildschirmfoto von 2020-04-29 01-14-48

Taking a look to the Cybertruck Event Video you can see, that there where no stripes:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted filming for Jay Leno's Garage and accelerating in traffic (video) Bildschirmfoto von 2020-04-29 01-19-36
Sponsored

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Anyone catch this quick look at Leno sitting inside the Cybertruck? It appears that the truck is descending, which I think is showing them on the Boring lift (for the vehicles to descend into the Boring Tunnels). So, we're likely to get a look at the Cybertruck traveling through the Boring Tunnel underneath LA during the episode. (y)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Hey There!
This is a screen shot out of the mentioned video. What are those stripes on the left hand side for?

Bildschirmfoto von 2020-04-29 01-14-48.png

Taking a look to the Cybertruck Event Video you can see, that there where no stripes:
Bildschirmfoto von 2020-04-29 01-19-36.png
I watched the video here: In the video there were matching slots in both sides. Maybe it's AC vents or speakers.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I would not make anything of some lines in a bed of a prototype truck just yet...
Fi they were going to be anything, maybe some vertical T-slots for more options for cargo management? Or it could just be some lines to show them how far to pull in the cyberquad...

RedCoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Country flag
The instagram video has been removed or the link is not working anyone else have a link to it?

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
The instagram video has been removed or the link is not working anyone else have a link to it?
Here's the clip. It's of Elon Musk as a passenger in the Cybertruck being driven by Jay Leno.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Looking at my Cable box's channel line-up... it doesn't look like the CT is in the first episode of next season.

Saturday 5-16 10PM "Sneak Preview" - It's five minutes long. No other information.
Thursday 5-20 10PM "Dare to Dream" - Jay hits the road to meet people who've had the courage to throw caution to the wind and go for it; he surprises country superstar Blake Shelton (never heard of him) by taking him for a spin in a vintage pickup truck with a royal connection.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Looking at my Cable box's channel line-up... it doesn't look like the CT is in the first episode of next season.

Saturday 5-16 10PM "Sneak Preview" - It's five minutes long. No other information.
Thursday 5-20 10PM "Dare to Dream" - Jay hits the road to meet people who've had the courage to throw caution to the wind and go for it; he surprises country superstar Blake Shelton (never heard of him) by taking him for a spin in a vintage pickup truck with a royal connection.
Thanks for the heads up. Surprised they're not featuring something more interesting for the season premiere than a vintage pickup truck.... oh maybe like a futuristic electric utility vehicle of the future. ;)

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Typically, my cable box shows programming two weeks into the future,
Above, I gave the date Thursday 5-20. That was incorrect. Correct info is WEDNESDAY 5-20. But who cares about that episode?

WEDNESDAY 5-27-20 JAY LENO'S GARAGE:
RISK VS REWARD : Jay learns the automotive world is not for the risk averse; maverick tech-entrepreneur Elon Musk, comic Rob Riggle; Jay flies a mission on a massive firefighting helicopter and meets a blind race car driver determined to drive 200MPH unassisted.

Sounds like it's more about Elon himself and less about CT specifically.

TheLoneWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
“Information is not knowledge.” ― Albert Einstein

Information... Information... In these modern times we are often fire-hosed with so much information that we drown in it.... Not with the CyberTruck.

At the unveiling, Elon gave us a tantalizing tease, but since then we've been wandering in an information desert. Seeing mirages. We are lapping up any drip of information we can get.

This Musk quote from the earnings call makes the thirst burn.
"… it’s going to be pretty nuts … and I think actually the product is better than people realize even, they don’t have enough information to realize the awesomeness of it. It’s just great.”

Information... Information, this Leno show will probably be all the information we get for over a year. After the show we will have plenty of time to debate the seven postulated solutions to Stephen Hawking's Black Hole information Paradox.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
It’s been around 6-months since the CT was revealed. I don’t see this episode revealing anything new since it was supposedly filmed months ago. I think Mr. Leno’s daily driver is a Model S sedan. What I really want is an update from Tesla revealing changes are being made for mass production since the concept was revealed in November.

Last edited:

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
It depends what you consider to be "revealing anything new". The numbers like exact horsepower equivalents are nice to have, but not what i'm looking for. I want to see things that aren't mentioned in the literature.
Everybody wants to see the frunk and sail pillar doors opened in a way that you can see inside.
Everybody wants a good look at how seamless and flat it is underneath.
If they pulled off a wheel and got close to the suspension bladders... maybe that's too much to ask? it is really watertight?
I want to see the stainless steel edge-on, and maybe they can put a coin next to it for size comparison. I think it's slightly thicker than two quarters. Is the steel the same thickness throughout, or will some areas be thinner. Will the entire body be stainless, including interior floor, or will some areas be mild steel or other metals? Or maybe different grades of stainless in different places, some stamped?
I want to see the window glass edge-on. Is it really perfectly flat, everywhere?
I want to see the charge point, and the points where the CT charges other things,
I want to see mounting points for exterior mods.
I want to know how heavy the tailgate is.
I want to HEAR the vault door open and close. Same with the doors.
I want to hear Jay ask if the steering wheel on the prototype will go into the production vehicle,
I want to know how heavy the tailgate is. And that storage compartment under the bed... if that's also a possible tie down point....

Will you really have to go through menus for every single little thing? Not a single dedicated button or switch anywhere? Really? C'mon man, that's just silly. Sometimes you just want instant on.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The only question I can guess the answer to is the last. Tesla's current UI lets you do the 'Instant-On'.

This video has many UI tricks (there are other videos besides this one that shows these kind of tricks):

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I’m just like you. There are many details that I want to see. Are the SS door skins flanged on the edge? What is the number of lug nuts on a wheel? Are the upper and lower control arms forged or cast? Is the undercarriage/battery pack 100% water sealed to allow crossing shallow streams? What does the frunk look like and how large is it? Will it come equipped with a full size spare tire?
Sponsored