Vehicles
Tesla first-production Model 3 (LR, RWD, EAP+FSD), red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is it my eyes ?

Why is there an angle ? Seems to me it just should be flush with the body
1681444031434.png
The angle is unavoidable because the windshield is curved. To avoid it it, you'd need a piano hinge (perfectly straight) between the windshield and the hood. Flat windshields are bad for lots of reasons (they give blinding reflections, they are much less strong than curved ones, etc.) and have not been seen on any vehicle for at least 50yrs.

Bathbunny

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla first-production Model 3 (LR, RWD, EAP+FSD), red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Lots of solid interactions that you have to consider, plus environmental and safety constraints.

I wonder if you can still see the road if the CT frunk is open.

Also I noticed in the crash video, in the under-body shots, that there are two structural elements that come forwards to hold up the front bumper. These look like they will be ideal to mount an aftermarket (optional?) bull bar to the front of the CT. The only thing then is given the grill lift opening now, the bull bar needs to be far enough forwards so the frunk grill can pass behind it. It also means any bull bar that is higher than the bumper will partially block frunk access.

Otherwise you need a bull bar that folds down too... or some sort of self folding transformer style bull bar, that can be deployed for country roads, but otherwise is hidden for driving around town. Could even be made speed sensitive and aerodynamic. I've been toying with idea of adding active aero parts to the CTas mods. Even a front and rear inflatable nylon cushion would work, you know like outside airbags. Only question is how do you get them to look nice, but maybe not that important whilst you are zooming past at speed.
Not sure it matters whether you can still see the road with the frunk open, since you would obviously be stopped (or else be hitting the brakes for all you're worth ;-)

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
What view would you like? What would provide you ample evidence of whatever you’re worried about?
I see something blocking a clear view in between what should be the hinge mechanism that appears to be in the background, and the depth of the image makes me question whether I’m only seeing what I want to see. We could be extrapolating evidence from an illusion from this photo. I hope not. I’m just like the rest of us on this forum, my eyes are a slave to my desires at times.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Cool Idea... but ... what will it attach to? There must be a REALLY strong attachement point or... disaster! Plus, if your frunk is open while winching you cant see what you are doing .

Considering the chances of the attachment coming lose or breaking having the hood up isn't exactly a bad idea.

Better hope the wife doesn't use the frunk. Just saying.

1681499231787.png
The Never ending story is one of my wife's favorite movies. One of the running gags in our Jeep is we mounted controls on the dash for the winch on the passenger side, and have called out to the winch wench when we needed to use it.

I am hoping I can fit a spare in the frunk.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Bull Bar? I thought you called those Kangaroo Catchers. When I rented a car there they asked if I wanted one on the rental. I said no thanks. On the drive from Sidney to Cairns we saw over 100 dead Kangaroos before we saw one live one. Not one dead bull.
In my neck of the woods we have the "Alabama Suicidal Whitetail Deer". The first thing I put on the Ram 3500 was a "Bull Bumper". It cost about what my deductible would be if I hit something.
If there are hardpoints on the front of the CT I will put the same bumper on it. The one I have has a Reese Hitch built into it and a winch could be put in and taken out when needed.
Since range is not a big concern with me I'm not worried about aerodynamics.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I see something blocking a clear view in between what should be the hinge mechanism that appears to be in the background, and the depth of the image makes me question whether I’m only seeing what I want to see. We could be extrapolating evidence from an illusion from this photo. I hope not. I’m just like the rest of us on this forum, my eyes are a slave to my desires at times.
I won’t post the whole video. I don’t think I should. But I promise it’s in fact the frunk up.

again, the whole front lip is up. I guess you could imagine it as a sedan trunk lit, but it would be impossible to line that up given the height up the Cybertruck on the platform it is sitting up on.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Big deal. Nothing new. Just a blurry pic like we captured Bigfoot. I could tell that it was like that long before.
Sick. Thanks for the feedback.

Clearly people aren’t as wise as you are and appreciate it.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Why wouldn't you just make a slot for the line out the facia, so you can close the frunk?

-Crissa
you could do that, it would leave an opening for rain/dirt/mud to enter the frunk area.

Deleted member 3316

This is awesome, the winch could be hidden inside the frunk.
More likely behind the license plate behind the little cover that comes off next to the bumper camera.

You’re a smart cookie Crissa!
(Australian term of endearment)
Why wouldn't you just make a slot for the line out the facia, so you can close the frunk?
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! F68825D6-4777-415B-B2B5-01B18CE56000

The frunk would be a convenient place to preemptively layout the cable though.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: