Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have been waiting for his next release... he is overdue.

Connecting the Dots tweets from Jan 8...

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tech - theories 1674399343528

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tech - theories 1674399395765

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tech - theories 1674399583278

I haven't been able to figure it out. Any Ideas ?

btw, he says in another tweet to ignore the colour

Last edited:

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have been waiting for his next release... he is overdue.

Connecting the Dots tweets from Jan 8...

1674399343528.png

1674399395765.png

1674399583278.png

I haven't been able to figure it out. Any Ideas ?

btw, he says in another tweet to ignore the colour
If he said he would release a video in one week from January 8 it should be out now, right?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I am curious how often you will have to replace the tires with each wheel having mind of it’s own (vs old fashion alignment keep them in line). Especially with higher weight and power multiplying the Impact of their individuality. I guess it all depends on how good the engineers are.

OP
OP

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am curious how often you will have to replace the tires with each wheel having mind of it’s own (vs old fashion alignment keep them in line). Especially with higher weight and power multiplying the Impact of their individuality. I guess it all depends on how good the engineers are.
My M3P tires lasted 15k miles on the first set, dont think the CT will be worst than that...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
5 month old video, I just rewatched - but love the theories and if correct, awesome!

I watch that video every time I get depressed. NO HYDRAULICS ... take no prisoners!!!

OP
OP

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Brake by wire would be awesome.

Drive by wire would also be awesome.

No interest in crab, diamond or tank turn
"No interest in crab, diamond or tank turn" - I dont particularly care on this one - but 4ws with tighter turning radius will be useful

Ramp - I have lots of bikes - so built in ramp = awesome

All put together + lighter weight (vs. other ev trucks) = fantastic driving dynamics/capabilities....I can taste it!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
"No interest in crab, diamond or tank turn" - I dont particularly care on this one - but 4ws with tighter turning radius will be useful
Same here. I thought I wouldn’t want to have anything to do with rear wheel steering at first but I just got a Lightning and turning radius can be a PITA sometimes. I wouldn’t mind if rear wheel could help out with some of those situations.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Connecting the Dots tweeted will release a vid in 2 days.. Sunday ?

I have been pondering... We have Robots !!!! Navigation / AI , Spaceships.

My guess: Tesla Asteroid Mining ( why guess small :D )

Beginning around 2028

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Brake by wire would be awesome.

Drive by wire would also be awesome.

No interest in crab, diamond or tank turn
Agree totally on 💎 & Tank turns but "crabwalk", although completely useless in the way it gets shown off and marketed, the concept of "in phase steering" has great value when towing. ConnectingTheDots had a great explanation about safety [video cued up below] I can imagine it coming in handy when backing a trailer in tight quarters (especially 5th wheel, I'll make another post to explain that).

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
5th wheel RV towing seems to be a total non-starter with the CyberTruck because of the sail panels, BUT we may be dismissing it too soon. There are facts and features that, although won't entirely eliminate the problem with the overhang while jackknifing, can reduce it.

First, the sail panels are NOT an obstacle when pulling straight on level ground if you have the right pinbox. It's on uneven terrain and when turning that the sail panels begin to interfere. But the individually adjustable air suspension can mitigate this problem. When turing, lowering the suspension on the inside of the corner will drop the side that would contact the overhang. When backing up I don't know if the best strategy for the suspension would be side to side lean, or if raising the rear and lowering the front would provide the best results?

Regardless, the use of in-phase steering can reduce the amount of angle the truck and trailer have in relation to the other. With the rear wheels turning at their maximum angle and the front wheels turning the same direction but at a greater angle to move in concentric circles, you could adjust the orientation of the trailer while keeping the truck and trailer perfectly inline with each other. 😲 Sure, perfectly inline would have limited maneuverability but the technique can be used at any backing angle to reduce the jackknife angle that any front wheel steering truck would have.

It's something I'm willing to try when I retire and be the guinea pig to see if it's at all feasible. Wish me luck!
Sponsored