Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Hello,
Have some information on the TeraFactory build schedule.
Telsa is sourcing out vendors/contractors to bid on work at the site.

Drum roll please on estimated on First Substantial Completion --

( Substantial completion is the stage when a construction project is deemed sufficiently completed to the point where the owner can use it for its intended purpose. This definition of substantial completion is based on the language in the American Institute of Architects form contract AIA A-201: )

Here’s a brief list of common terms that are used regarding completion:

• Partial completion
  • Sectional completion
  • Substantial completion
  • Final completion
  • Certificate of occupancy
  • Contract’s completion date

May 1, 2021 :D

*************** Update*********

I looked up the construction term dry-in.

"
I don't think there is an industry-established consensus definition of "dry-in;" it is whatever the Design Team defines it as in the Contract Documents.

ARCOM MasterSpec provides the following definition in their Section 01 50 00 - Temporary Facilities:

"A. Permanent Enclosure: As determined by Architect, permanent or temporary roofing is complete, insulated, and weathertight; exterior walls are insulated and weathertight; and all openings are closed with permanent construction or substantial temporary closures."

Regarding the drywall installation, we have a provision in our specifications that requires the contractor to use GP's DensArmour Plus for all "Interior partitions where Contractor desires to install gypsum board prior to building dry-in."
We also stipulate that any gypsum board that gets wet, for any reason (i.e. roof leak, water pipe leak, spill, etc.), shall be completely removed and replaced with new material. No other options will be entertained. The potential risk for mold is simply too high. "

[ATTACH type="full" alt="CYBERTRUCK FACTORY ACCESS.png"]3263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type="full" alt="Project Schedule.png"]3258[/ATTACH][ATTACH type="full" alt="Prelimnary Schedule of contractors.png"]3259[/ATTACH][ATTACH type="full" alt="Project OverView.png"]3260[/ATTACH]
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Glad it's on the fast track, but until I see cars roll off it's just hype building.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
This is what i like to see! Awesome find. Lets hope this schedule keeps.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
No pun intended :ROFLMAO:
Hello,

( Substantial completion is the stage when a construction project is deemed sufficiently completed to the point where the owner can use it for its intended purpose. This definition of substantial completion is based on the language in the American Institute of Architects form contract AIA A-201: )

• Partial completion
  • Sectional completion
  • Substantial completion
  • Final completion

CYBERTRUCK FACTORY ACCESS.png

Project Schedule.png
Prelimnary Schedule of contractors.png
Project OverView.png

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-production-date-may-2021/

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
it's aggressive for sure and while I didn't see it coming, I'm not surprised. I can't wait till we get the crash test Cybertrucks done so we can see how well they do. I think everyone is curious about how they are going to have the crumple zone.

Having even an estimate of when they will start producing makes me excited to see the first Cybertrucks going out into the world.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think they will solve the front crumple zone on the frunk hood by one of two ways. Thinner SS or keeping the 3mm thickness and scoring it underneath so it folds like an accordion in a front end collision.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Its a pretty aggressive goal but feasible considering no paint shop or stamping machines.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-production-date-may-2021/
Sadly, the whole thing is based on the plans showing the anticipated date at which they could begin moving equipment into the buildings as next May. If that were to come to pass, and if Giga Shanghai is a measure of how long it would take after that to produce vehicles, there would not be vehicles being produced until near the end of 2021, as originally predicted. I would like to see CTs being made next summer as much as the rest of you, but unless Tesla says so I wouldn’t hold my breath on this.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Aiming for a first production day earlier is how to hit the later target.

There's only one chance to be 'on time' and then you're forever late. And there's always things like last week's rainstorm ready to take up time or delays, so best to have the next step ready.

Nearly nothing ever goes completely as planned. Make sure there's room to slip. Lead the target.

-Crissa

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Sadly, the whole thing is based on the plans showing the anticipated date at which they could begin moving equipment into the buildings as next May. If that were to come to pass, and if Giga Shanghai is a measure of how long it would take after that to produce vehicles, there would not be vehicles being produced until near the end of 2021, as originally predicted. I would like to see CTs being made next summer as much as the rest of you, but unless Tesla says so I wouldn’t hold my breath on this.
They don't have to wait till May to start moving in equipment. The schedule they are estimating would put their first building completed at the end of this year. As soon as the building is completed they are able to move equipment inside. The may timeline is for when they are ready to start doing some test production.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They don't have to wait till May to start moving in equipment. The schedule they are estimating would put their first building completed at the end of this year. As soon as the building is completed they are able to move equipment inside. The may timeline is for when they are ready to start doing some test production.
Well, I’d love for it to happen, and I’ve been secretly believing it even before this news came out based on when they began and how fast the other factories have come online; I just didn’t see it alone as evidence of fact as others have said. Increased evidence for hope that it will happen, yes. On the other hand, all this rain virtually halting progress doesn’t help.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Hello,

• Partial completion
  • Sectional completion
  • Substantial completion
  • Final completion

CYBERTRUCK FACTORY ACCESS.png

Project Schedule.png
Prelimnary Schedule of contractors.png
Project OverView.png