Cybertruck Tint $100 for front side windows & quarter pieces?

Pkizle

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I got quoted $100 to tint the driver side and passenger side windows + the two quarter windows in front of them. It's a top tint shop here, who's been in business over 30 years. Seems very low compared to other quotes I've seen on here, but I assume that's just standard pricing for front/passenger side windows on any vehicle.

They couldn't give me a quote for the front windshield over the phone; said they'd rather see it in person first.

Should I be concerned? Any specific questions I should ask them?
Sponsored

elyliu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD, Model X 90D, Model 3 AWD
Country flag
They are probably trying to get your business to do their first cybertruck? $100 is great deal. I paid $200 for mine in LA

84Apollo3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Tint can vary wildly based on the quality of the film and performance will vary as well. You get what you pay for and $100 sounds shockingly low.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
The going rate is $100 per window using a premium ceramic film.

This sounds like a selling tactic to get you to visit their store and then try to upsell you.

tym_dev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They’ll do the work for cheap, take a picture of their work and post online, and attract business. Profit.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Experienced tinter can have those windows done in 30mins, the film costs the shop about 20-40bucks depending what kind it is. They know you won't do one window at time you will do other stuff to it most likely. It is on the low end of the price range for tint but they are still making a good profit.

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
They are probably trying to get your business to do their first cybertruck? $100 is great deal. I paid $200 for mine in LA
same, I got my two front tinted for $195 in LA with xpel prime XR plus. OP you gotta ask them what film that price is for and/or just take it in and ask them. could work out if they want that business/the cred of having worked on a cybertruck
Sponsored