C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
Cybertruck with 35% tint on front windows. Looks like a good match to the factory tinted rear windows. Tinter said it was “easiest to tint out all Teslas”

By @thetintantor

Walkaround Video:

35% tint front windows on Cybertruck 2.jpg

35% tint front windows on Cybertruck 1.jpg
Cybertruck with 35% tint on front windows. Looks like a good match to the factory tinted rear windows. Tinter said it was “easiest to tint out all Teslas”

By @thetintantor

Walkaround Video:

Do you know what brand of tint this is? Ceramic? Thanks
Sponsored

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Sry, I'm a newb at tints. Does "35% tint" mean 35% visible light transmission, or 65% visible light transmission?

Are there actually good tints that block UV only for a windshield? I did a search on it and most results seemed a little hoaxy. We're Icelandic and a little prone to UV issues, so with a massive windshield like in the CT I would be very interested in a quality UV block but do NOT want a visible light tint on the windshield.

Edit: found a good Reddit post on this. Adding it here if others are curious:

Last edited:

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Sry, I'm a newb at tints. Does "35% tint" mean 35% visible light transmission, or 65% visible light transmission?

Are there actually good tints that block UV only for a windshield? I did a search on it and most results seemed a little hoaxy. We're Icelandic and a little prone to UV issues, so with a massive windshield like in the CT I would be very interested in a quality UV block but do NOT want a visible light tint on the windshield.

Edit: found a good Reddit post on this. Adding it here if others are curious:
The percentage refers to the Visible light passing through. Lower percentage darker the tint.

Yes, you can get UV blocking tints without them being dark.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The percentage refers to the Visible light passing through. Lower percentage darker the tint.

Yes, you can get UV blocking tints without them being dark.
The front and top glass on the Tesla should already be providing UV protection from what I understand. Front side windows, not so much.

Tsimes

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

By @thetintantor

Walkaround Video:

I’m in Cali. Not legal at all on front left and right. But screw it im doing 35% , looks awesome!!!

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Just tinted my wife's Fisker and gave my tint guy a heads up about my CT coming. He said there are no manufactures that make a wide enough roll of tint to do the front windshield...YET Apperently they are working on it
What do you think about the fisker? Ours is coming soon

Ri22

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 CT
Occupation
Cinematographer
Country flag
What do you think about the fisker? Ours is coming soon
It's actually pretty sweet. Very nice looking. Fit and finish is better than my 2018 Model 3 AWD (delivered Sept of 2018). Its a bit more comfortable than the 3. I think if it had better tires it would be quicker too. The caveat is the software. Not great, some serios bugs (like not being able to unlock the vehicle) a lot of random errors camera breaks etc. And the interface is like 2015. I think they will iron out the issues and it will be great vehicle. One annoyance is it does draw attention, kinda cool at first then it does get old. Imagine CT will be the same but prob worse

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Was that even tinted?

Layer it to 10%-15% or just hit it with 5%. After 20+ years I've been pulled over once for tint.

Some states allow you to get a medical waiver (you figure out how to ask your doctor for it) to tint your windows darker.
Sponsored