Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey. I have one too. I keep my garage at 81 to protect many cars rubber and my carts batteries.
makes it bearable to work on projects in the garage when it’s 115 outside.

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
I was wondering, won't the CT be able to park it's self?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
As far as weird challenges it's just bigger. People will act like they can just dart around you and ignore that hitting you will kill them instantly, but the CT will prevent this anyway. Parking can be a pain, but just be fine with walking a bit further.
That's a good point too, I'm a little afraid that some Cybertruck owners might be too reckless with something this big and strong. Like the trucks on the road now have a 0-60 speed of 6+ seconds, the Cybertruck is less than half of that. If any Cybertruck drivers are recklessly passing people on the highway, they could easily hit a car with the back end of the Cybertruck.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've only driven mid-size or smaller trucks. It will take some getting used to. The OP was smart to compare it to the most popular full-sized truck on the road today. Trucks have on average gotten larger, but that just means we have to be careful when and how we use them.

But with the FSD package, standard safety feaures and cameras, I'm sure it'll be manageable.

The fast that it can practically park itself will make up for it ^-^

-Crissa

PS I don't even have a garage so it'll probably just sit next to the neighbor's full-sized truck and won't look out of place. We're the only one in the neighborhood without a truck or all-wheel-drive vehicle.

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I was wondering, won't the CT be able to park it's self?
It will be able to but be careful using this feature at first. I've seen some videos of Teslas that have made contact with other parked cars while using the self park feature. It seems it isn't very common, most people haven't experienced it, but with the Cybertruck being new and very big, caution is good.

Kletust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
It's a truck. Trucks are big. I would have preferred to have the 3% smaller version but it's not a game changer.

Pro Tip: Big trucks are actually easier to back into a normal parking space than to pull straight in. Backing up gives them a better turning radius and swings the front out instead of having the rear following a path inside the path of the front wheels.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
It's a truck. Trucks are big. I would have preferred to have the 3% smaller version but it's not a game changer.

Pro Tip: Big trucks are actually easier to back into a normal parking space than to pull straight in. Backing up gives them a better turning radius and swings the front out instead of having the rear following a path inside the path of the front wheels.
You are absolutely correct and it pains me watching some people attempting to park head in.

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
I've seen quite a few comments here and elsewhere from people who are leery of owning a vehicle as large as a Cybertruck.

I was surprised to see these comments, given that the Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in the US, and the Cybertruck's dimensions are believed to be almost identical to those of a mid-range F-150:

DimensionCybertruck2019 F-150 SuperCab 6.5' bed
Length231.7"231.9"
Width79.8"79.9" (without mirrors)
Height75"75.5"
Bed6.5'6.5'

Presumably F-150's present the same dimensional challenges as the Cybertruck will. So why are there so many (apparently) happy owners of these beasts?

As someone who's never driven a full-sized pickup (the 1984 Ford Ranger does not qualify!), I am curious to know what the challenges are. Fitting the truck into the garage is the most obvious (but not a problem in my case). Can you enlighten me as to what the other less obvious challenges are?

Thanks.
No, it is perfect size for the cybertruck. I am so happy when Elon decided not to reduce the cybertruck size.

NiceGuyMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Electro/Mechanical Tech
Country flag

But there are some advantages:

1. My wife hates driving my 4Runner because of its size. I guarantee she will NEVER ask to drive my Cybertruck voluntarily.
2. Truck tires are typically beefier so running over a curb typically doesn't result in much damage.
3. parallel parking in a tight spot can be a bit easier because you can go UP ONTO the curb and plop back down into a space without damaging your rims or tires.

Really, navigating in tight spaces and determining what parking spaces are worth trying to park in are the biggest difficulties of owning / operating a full-size pickup. Just takes a little practice!
[/QUOTE]

Advantage #4 You will never know when you run over a squirrel. :D

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
When I viewed the CT in person at the PAM in LA I was immediately struck by two things;

1) The full size truck was exactly as large as I hoped it would be. I’m glad Elon decided not to mess with the dimensions.
2) I was disappointed in the 2B SS finish. It looked like a concept vehicle with large swirls in hood and cosmetic blemishes on every panel. A #4 brushed finish would help give the truck a much nicer appearance. It’s not enough for me to cancel my reservation though. The truck is simply awesome in the flesh!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I agree, I love a big truck and I would have been very disappointed if they took even 3% off it. I can't wait to get to sit in the Cybertruck really see just how roomy it is on the inside. From the videos I seen from the demo drives at the Event, it seemed to sit 3 full grown men in the back seat pretty comfortably. I wouldn't say they had room to stretch out or that it would be nice to put 3 guys in the back on a long trip, but from what the youtubers had said, it seemed like they had more space than a traditional truck. I assume that's because the exoskeleton gives the interior a few more inches at least.

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree, I love a big truck and I would have been very disappointed if they took even 3% off it. I can't wait to get to sit in the Cybertruck really see just how roomy it is on the inside. From the videos I seen from the demo drives at the Event, it seemed to sit 3 full grown men in the back seat pretty comfortably. I wouldn't say they had room to stretch out or that it would be nice to put 3 guys in the back on a long trip, but from what the youtubers had said, it seemed like they had more space than a traditional truck. I assume that's because the exoskeleton gives the interior a few more inches at least.
ok. How will you charge It? Not In your garage.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've seen quite a few comments here and elsewhere from people who are leery of owning a vehicle as large as a Cybertruck.

I was surprised to see these comments, given that the Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in the US, and the Cybertruck's dimensions are believed to be almost identical to those of a mid-range F-150:

DimensionCybertruck2019 F-150 SuperCab 6.5' bed
Length231.7"231.9"
Width79.8"79.9" (without mirrors)
Height75"75.5"
Bed6.5'6.5'

Presumably F-150's present the same dimensional challenges as the Cybertruck will. So why are there so many (apparently) happy owners of these beasts?

As someone who's never driven a full-sized pickup (the 1984 Ford Ranger does not qualify!), I am curious to know what the challenges are. Fitting the truck into the garage is the most obvious (but not a problem in my case). Can you enlighten me as to what the other less obvious challenges are?

Thanks.
Thank you so much for the dimensions and comparison to the F-150. I've had full-sized pickups-not a Supercab and am always amazed at looking in my rear view mirror and hauling around a empty truck bed and wondering what is the point? I'm sure my 100lb. German Shepherd would enjoy all the extra room! I currently have a Toyota Tacoma Quad-Cab with the 5-1/2 foot bed with a shell.
I've already marked out my driveway for the dimensions of the Cybertruck. I made my reservation on day #2 and will be very interested to see and drive the Tesla truck when it comes in to get a "feel" if it's too much of a beast. In the meantime I will baby my 06 Tacoma until then.
And I've ordered a small travel trailer so will have to consider mileage considerations for the basic battery option I chose. I might just buy the Cybertruck as a toy and to wow my buddies!