Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
You'll be 'getting comfortable ' real soon me thinks. You're ONLY 6'4" :)
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
For the front seats, I wouldnā€™t think we can glean anything about headroom from this video

In my F150, I can raise/lower the driverā€™s seat probably 6ā€. I prefer it raised so high that my head (Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€) nearly touched the headliner.

Presumably the same raise/lower functionality is somewhere here:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Video: Just driving on through Giga Texas.. look at the headroom inside. 5241ED6C-E3A1-4318-84D7-025741892DF8

But I doubt the rear seats raise/lower, and is another matter. The combo of the high windowsill and a lowered seat means my motion sickness will not abide

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The height of the original prototype was fine despite all the whining, why would it suddenly be shorter? It would means less stuff under the vault cover.

-Crissa

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
looks like they did away with the lights in the bed :(

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The truck seems less tall? Weren't we juat ooing and ahhing about its ride height last week?

-Crissa
Shorter truck in terms of length would mean less head room for rear passengers as the glass has to come down at a steeper angle.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
Just driving on through Giga Texas.. look at the headroom inside.
My concern is not about the from seats but the rear seats!
They did lower the seats to have headroom, but will the passengers be seated too low and can't the road ahead (kids for example)?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Shorter truck in terms of length would mean less head room for rear passengers as the glass has to come down at a steeper angle.
It's a simple trigonometry to figure out how much losing 6" from the base of a right triangle will change the height at a point on the hypotenuse but...

...I can just tell you it's not that much. You'd have to shorten the truck by like a foot to lose not inch at that angle.

-Crissa

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
It's a simple trigonometry to figure out how much losing 6" from the base of a right triangle will change the height at a point on the hypotenuse but...

...I can just tell you it's not that much. You'd have to shorten the truck by like a foot to lose not inch at that angle.

-Crissa
Keep in mind the height of the tailgate looks to have been reduced as well so there are two compounding factors. If my theory about the OG concept being over sized is correct we could be looking at one foot or more in length if this is sub 231.7" and height could've also been different.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Keep in mind the height of the tailgate looks to have been reduced as well so there are two compounding factors. If my theory about the OG concept being over sized is correct we could be looking at one foot or more in length if this is sub 231.7" and height could've also been different.
That's not mathematically possible to lose a foot in vertical dimension: It would take least three inches lower at the tailgate to lose an inch at the back wall.

-Crissa

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
That's not mathematically possible to lose a foot in vertical dimension: It would take least three inches lower at the tailgate to lose an inch at the back wall.

-Crissa
I stated a foot in length not in vertical dimension. I would say the tailgate could very well be three inches lower than the 2019 concept. Anyway it doesn't matter we'll just see when it comes out.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Doesnā€™t appear to be a bunch in the back.
I think 3 adult males that arenā€™t kevin heart will be pretty cramped
Elon isnā€™t a small dude, which means he may be used to less head room.
Sponsored