First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Police
Country flag
I kind of wonder where I stand with my order. I had to go with the tri motor as I have a 10000 lbs travel trailer and it's the only CT version that can handle it.

Right now I run a 2018 F150 with the 3.6L EcoBoost. Towing capacity of around 13000 lbs.

MSRP for the Ford I bought was $66000 Canadian. This pails in comparison to the approximate $100000 I expect to invest on the CT. But if the Tesla can go 12 years, no fuel and less maintenance bills then I hope to come out on top. In addition I am banking on better resale should I want a change before my self imposed truck lifespan.

Has anyone done the math using the tri motor yet? I know it's all speculation at the moment but that's why we're here, for the fun. :)

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Bonsoir ozweego, many months ago, I calculated the save of $3,000 cad per year from fuel; also, maintenance costs very loo, if it is like model 3, nothing needed before 2 years to check brakes which are not really used because of the reginator...one million km warranty against rust, about the same for batteries lifetime; updates of the software by tesla regularly. As our weather is cold... we need more range... batteries capacity reduced during winter... and, I took the full self driving as we get old...that's why I choose 3 motors ...

ozweego

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Police
Country flag
Thanks. I figure if I can theoretically save $4000 per year (fuel, maintenance,etc) and get 8 years of use out of it ($32,000 in potential savings) then the math seems to work out. The remaining difference in cost between the two could be made up in resale value, assuming I can get $20-$25K for an 8 year old CT tri motor.