CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
Something of note... this is touted as an off-road monster. In the video the reviewer offers a base ride height of 10.1" of clearance... in 'extract mode' (when you get stuck) the suspension rises to a whopping 15.9" of ground clearance...

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
All Electric HUMMER EV?! - Everything you need to know!
Oct 20, 2020
JerryRigEverything

Reactions: Geo

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Very disappointed in JerryRigEverything video - Everything you need to know! about Hummer EV.
No info about payload or towing.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
It's got some really great benefits over the Cybertruck, and some really really bad negatives.

Love the open roof.
Love the proportions, with the 5ft bed. (No dim's yet, but looks about a whole 2ft shorter than CT)
Love the rear wheel steering.
Love the 800 V charging ability. ( 100% charged in less than 35min )
Love the huge frunk.
Love the 2 big displays and the dedicated buttons.
All the modes and tech. Diff Lockers, etc.
All the 2 camera's under the car with spray washers. ( 18 camera's in all ! )
The lights when indicating charge.
The extendable length half shafts for the 16 inch ground clearance.
Multi function Tailgate
The much better than Cybertruck break over angle. 32.2 deg vs about 22 deg
Approach Angle CT 35 deg vs Hummer 49.7 deg
Departure Angle CT 28 deg vs Hummer 38.4 deg

Hate, the price $112 k !!!
Hate there is no pass through from the bed to the cabin. ( huge mistake )
Range is too small. 350 miles, and Im sure you would have to nurse it round to get anywhere close
Battery is way way inefficient and heavy. ( Size is somewhere between 202 kwh to 218 kwh )\
I expect the Cybertruck will probably do 350 miles with less than 100 kwh !!
Oh and that great colour scheme is going to get scratched up something severe when off road through a forest.

Bring on the WOLVERINE.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I canā€™t see a Cybertruck customer cross shopping against a GMC Hummer. The Hummer is way more expensive and itā€™s a GM product. I can already see the multiple recalls during the first few years of production being that the General and their union employees are brand new to building a BEV pickup. I did like the 3/4 ton style 8-lug wheels however.

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I was so under-whelmed watching the Hummer EV reveal. $80,000 for the ā€œcheapā€ model with less in specs than the single motor CT? And not until 2024. It has some cool features, but all costing more than the most expensive CT WITH FSD! No. Fā€™ing. Way.

Lord, so happy Tesla revealed the CT first as if they had done it after GM Tesla may have added another $10K to their prices.

oh, and Hummer EV is not the first electric ā€œsuper truck.ā€ CT came out first. Suck it, GM.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's got some really great benefits over the Cybertruck...
Yeah, love those roof panels. But every one of these things are 'Available' not 'Features'.

That means you'll show up and find that you have to fork out another $1k to $10k more per each of these.

x-x

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Ok, so if Tesla was not a company and the CT was not a thing, I would be lusting after this but not ordering because of price combined with probable maintenance/reliability issues. Besides, I absolutely abhor dealerships.
But the CT is a thing. And Tesla can do things like auto update over the air.
There are a couple features on the Hummer I like. But overall the CT easily takes the cake.
Perhaps the CT will get upgraded before launch with some things like underside cameras. Overall though there are more things Iā€™d want Hummer to fix to be competitive with CT than there are features Iā€™d want CT to incorporate from Hummer.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
It looks like GM played it safe, looks like a GM truck. I am not big on the removable roof panels looks like a future leak. Rear seats are just like our 2017 GMC truck, same flip up ability, we stuff our jackets and junk under the seats but my sons 2008 Honda Ridgeline has it also, not new idea but, still nice feature. Tailgate step is handy but, for that price you should get a type of cover for bed included at over 100 grand. 350 miles of range ok? The battery pack is over 200kw where's the rest of the range gone it seems to be short on distance. Paying for a battery pack that size for only 350 miles of range, I think I would buy single motor Cybertruck and a long range M3 for the same money and be happier.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
OMG so this is how GM thinks they are going to take on Tesla?
" The GMC Hummer EV pickup will be the first real test of GM to directly compete against Tesla".

They're screwed, they'll be lucky if they ship 100,000 of these in 5 years. In those same 5 years Tesla will have shipped well over a million Cybertrucks. One color, white? Starting at $112,595 ? Over 200KW of batteries with 350 estimated miles of range? Anybody see figures for Payload or Tow capacity? NOPE! 5' bed with no cover?

How much are these BEASTS going to weigh? Like Crissa said, this thing is a brick! About as aerodynamic as a brick also. Honestly the only people who are going to buy these things are the same legacy auto ICE drivers who drove original Hummers. Arnold has got to be drooling over one of these!
What a pathetic joke.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I do like the design, but I wouldn't buy due to the manufacturer being GM. GM electronics scare me. CT would have been the price of the hummer if it was body on frame

Those half shafts were pretty burly

IMO it will be good for the buyer who wants a traditional vehicle and there are a lot of those

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Price and specs aside, I like this thing. I looks like something you would see in a war movie from the future (so does the cybertruck). The price is an extreme disappointment though.. I mean the Hummer was never cheap so in a way it makes sense. I didnt even watch reveal so im not fully in the loop on the "truck" yet.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Seriously not interested in any of their products. Agree with Crissa, it looks pretty much like a brick.
I also think that there will be lots of recalls just thinking about all the different manufacturers of the different components that go into this vehicle. There will be people that buy it though. Canā€™t wait to hear about how the EPA and crash testing goes.

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
After following along with this roll-out last night, I've very easily come to the realization that this vehicle is for a different consumer entirely than that of the CT.

I feel like this is for the current SUV/truck driving crowd that feels as if their driving habits are inconsequential. For example, my father puts planetary health well down his list of 'important issues', maybe the term 'issue' is even in question, but he's a huge "bells and whistles" guy that keeps up with tech.

Seems like an oxymoron, I know... But there are a lot of these mentalities out there, especially here in Texas.

Anyway, at the risk of getting too mired in politics, this product is a good thing for the automakers' push to go all-electric (granted, I realize this isn't just in the auto industry's hands). Its a necessary emergence to help move things along in the right direction. Something more like a traditional truck/SUV that will out-perform the big gas-guzzling pickups that are driven mostly as commuter vehicles, with some capabilities on the side.

This thing is an effort from a traditional American automaker, which is *hopefully* them saying '"this is the future so you better get excited about it like the rest of the people over there on that Tesla train, whether you like it or not." They have to start somewhere.

I don't think this is for "us." But I'm still happy about it.
Sponsored