Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
There's enough things called Zero, too. There's a Zero factory down the road from me.

-Crissa
I think that I made a mistake with that and wasn’t GM’s called Factory Zero?
Sponsored

jojo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2001 Honda Civic
Occupation
CWI
Country flag
And it appears that GM is trying to copy Tesla in several ways and it starts with the name of the new factory. Zero Factory. Then a reservation cost of $100. As Crissa pointed out earlier the name “Watts to Freedom” seems to follow along the quirky names that Tesla comes up with but is nowhere near the level of thinking. The adaptive suspension, the 6 inch lift, the cameras, the glass roof, haggle free pricing and the list just goes on and on. Just my thoughts at this ungodly hour to be awake and checking what is new.
I don’t thing GMC will do haggle free pricing on these Hummer EVs. I’m sure it’s going to be just like the Camaro when it was released. Dealers were attempting to sell them $5,000 to $20,000 over sticker price. And it’s already been pointed out that the Mustang Mach-e pricing states dealers can raise the price once they receive them. That’s one thing my wife loves about Tesla...the price is the price. She hates dealerships and negotiating prices.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I don’t thing GMC will do haggle free pricing on these Hummer EVs. I’m sure it’s going to be just like the Camaro when it was released. Dealers were attempting to sell them $5,000 to $20,000 over sticker price. And it’s already been pointed out that the Mustang Mach-e pricing states dealers can raise the price once they receive them. That’s one thing my wife loves about Tesla...the price is the price. She hates dealerships and negotiating prices.
I just find it interesting that they are going to copy Tesla. I agree with you and hate the haggling that most car dealerships put you through. “Let me go talk to the manager and see if he will approve this and then next thing you are dealing with 2 people in front of you.”

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/10/gm-says-no-haggling-on-hummers/

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
And it appears that GM is trying to copy Tesla in several ways and it starts with the name of the new factory. Zero Factory. Then a reservation cost of $100. As Crissa pointed out earlier the name “Watts to Freedom” seems to follow along the quirky names that Tesla comes up with but is nowhere near the level of thinking. The adaptive suspension, the 6 inch lift, the cameras, the glass roof, haggle free pricing and the list just goes on and on. Just my thoughts at this ungodly hour to be awake and checking what is new.
I do find this hilarious, and I was thinking of it a while back. Ford and GM showing videos of their factories being built, etc, trying to capture the viral marketing Tesla gets from its fanatic fans. It's funny in its awkwardness, like stiff old marketing execs adding X-treme to a brand or swapping s's for z's to look cool. So cringeworthy, and they should just accept that only Tesla fans are weird enough to watch daily factory construction videos.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I do find this hilarious, and I was thinking of it a while back. Ford and GM showing videos of their factories being built, etc, trying to capture the viral marketing Tesla gets from its fanatic fans. It's funny in its awkwardness, like stiff old marketing execs adding X-treme to a brand or swapping s's for z's to look cool. So cringeworthy, and they should just accept that only Tesla fans are weird enough to watch daily factory construction videos.
More to the point, only Tesla fans are weird enough to make daily factory build videos. The point is that the content is fan made and fan consumed. It’s just a waste of marketing cash if it is company generated. And it makes the company look like such a loser poser.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Here is perhaps the largest problem with the HUMMER EV aside from price, the dang thing does not exist!
_—_——————————————————

GM Admits It Doesn't Actually Have A Real, Working Hummer EV Yet

1603423487287.png

October 22, 2020. By Steven Loveday

This situation seems to parallel that of the Nikola Badger, without all the other baggage, of course.
General Motor's GMC Hummer EV reveal was supposed to happen back in May. However, like many other events, it was delayed for many months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When it finally happened this week, it wasn't actually an event at all, and there was no real electric pickup truck.
There was no live stream, no electric pickup truck on a stage, no execs talking, nothing. Instead, GM played what appeared to be a 6-minute CGI video of the Hummer EV tackling tough terrain. The video ended, we waited and waited, and then asked ourselves and our team, "Was that it?"
Yes, that was it. Well, it turns out, GM doesn't yet have a working Hummer electric pickup truck. It has a display vehicle, as well as the battery platform, but as far as the vehicle is concerned, it doesn't exist. Keep in mind, GM says this vehicle is just one year away. Meanwhile, chief engineer Al Oppenheiser admitted:

While this may be shocking to some people, it's becoming increasingly common. Startups and automakers are showing off future vehicles without actually having a vehicle developed. GM is currently working on a partnership to build the Nikola Badgerelectric pickup truck, which was officially unveiled in the form of a bunch of renderings.

Depending on how you look at it, this isn't all that different from the days of concept cars at auto shows. They were there for people to drool over, but weren't typically working vehicles. However, we can also argue that this is much different since companies are touting specs for these cars, taking reservations, and treating them as if they are production vehicles, while not actually having an example on hand.

In GM's defense, it has the battery technology and architecture all set. So, it's really just a matter of dropping a Hummer body on top, right?

It's not that simple, but yes, sort of. Some people will be really bent out of shape to learn that there is actually no GMC Hummer EV in existence yet. However, this paints an interesting picture of the future. If startups and automakers can build a working EV platform and then launch several new vehicles on that platform in record time, it will be a brand-new direction for the automotive world.
In the meantime, we'll wait for the real Hummer EV to arrive and prove itself to the world. Scroll down and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Source: Green Car Reports

https://insideevs.com/news/450345/g...C2qUvG4p-gAFHDbUnLR5RMW6GzhfQE4xNeSDk0ZXXrJDM
I guess I should have known better, didn't know that graphic production was that good. I am disappointed, I was excited for GM even though I wouldn't buy one of their products

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I was fooled at first. But I saw some stuff that didn’t look quite right. Found that article.

GM did a Jurassic Park on us.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Ford dealers are doing it with the 2021 Mustang Mach-E electric. Buyers are paying thousands more than MSRP.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
The Mustangs will become collectors items. ?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
------------------------

2021 Jul 03
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. We’re adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility.
Lot of other great things coming.

------------------------

Crab walk was about the only unique feature of Hummer EV.
Now Cybertruck has better than crab walk, rear wheel steering.

Other than maybe quicker delivery for Hummer EV, is there now any objective reason to buy Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck?
Sponsored