Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
If the tri motor Cybertruck (0-60 2.9 sec) is the only version that can beat a Porsche 911 (0-60 4sec. )and there is only one Cybertruck in existence and it is the dual motor (0-60 4.5 sec.) how did it beat the Porsche 911 in the head to head race?
Sponsored

Brando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 SPG 1989
Occupation
retarded or retired, I forget
Country flag
Cybertruck still being designed.
Built only one? maybe two?? Prototypes. [other manufacturers would call it a "concept"]

Traditionally:
Engineering Prototypes next (~10?) to test and design parts/systems.
Then Validation Prototypes(again ~10?) used to develop & test actual manufacturing techniques/machines.
These VP Cybertrucks also used for certification, durability testing even crash/safety testing.

Sigjumper

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Actually- this is an interesting question. Elon said at the unveil, when they played the clip, that the truck behind him was the actual truck that beat the Porsche, and that the clip was NOT CGI. Interesting. So we know the test drive CT following the unveil was the dual motor, so perhaps there are more CTs out there than we realized? Thanks for catching the small details Jeff Rock- either there’s more than 1 CT, the dual has better performance than advertised, or the P911 wasn’t running wide open.

CT / 911 unveil clip-

BLUR1895

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
They could easily adjust parameters of dual motor performance to simulate the longevity of a tri motor setup.

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
Cybertruck still being designed.
Built only one? maybe two?? Prototypes. [other manufacturers would call it a "concept"]

Traditionally:
Engineering Prototypes next (~10?) to test and design parts/systems.
Then Validation Prototypes(again ~10?) used to develop & test actual manufacturing techniques/machines.
These VP Cybertrucks also used for certification, durability testing even crash/safety testing.
I do not know about anyone else, but the idea that they have to crash test a cyber truck is kind of sad. Perhaps I am sadden by the thought because it means I have to wait longer for my truck to be delivered because the sacrificial trucks have to produced and destroyed first.
An additional thought is about the crash test videos. The CT is going to be substantially stronger than trucks from other manufacturers. I would be really interested in comparing the crash test videos of the CT with trucks to see how much damage each truck experiences under similar crash conditions.

Vaulted

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Firefighter / home inspector
Country flag
Actually- this is an interesting question. Elon said at the unveil, when they played the clip, that the truck behind him was the actual truck that beat the Porsche, and that the clip was NOT CGI. Interesting. So we know the test drive CT following the unveil was the dual motor, so perhaps there are more CTs out there than we realized? Thanks for catching the small details Jeff Rock- either there’s more than 1 CT, the dual has better performance than advertised, or the P911 wasn’t running wide open.

CT / 911 unveil clip-
I believe a real speed test would show split screen shots of the cluster of each vehicle in real time without rotating camera angles. So I fully believe your last statement. No way the Porsche was wide open cheers ?
Sponsored