Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I finally got around to testing out my magic wand. I stole these rims from the Toyota Black Bison.

frontquartsmkrims.jpg
Oh yeah! I'll take four. I note you are a retired sheet metal worker...you must have a deep appreciation for the CYBRTRK.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Oh yeah! I'll take four. I note you are a retired sheet metal worker...you must have a deep appreciation for the CYBRTRK.
The Stainless Steel on this vehicle is WAY thicker than I ever had to work with, thank God. I do appreciate how strong SS is and how it destroys tools. But it can also be great to weld. I was blown away when I read the panels of the CT were 3 mm thick. One 4ft x 10ft sheet would probably weigh about 250 lbs. It will be interesting to see how an Auto-body shop will repair these when they're damaged.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Thanks, I agree the wheel covers are the only thing I don't care for on the CT.
I think we can assume the wheels will be different when it makes it to production. Feedback on the wheels hasn't been kind lol
I wasnā€™t a fan at first. They looked like LEGO wheels to me. But after seeing the Cybertruck for hours now Iā€™ve grown to really like them. Theyā€™re different than any other truckā€™s wheels and I already associate them as iconic Cybertruck wheels. Plus we know that Teslaā€™s wheel covers actually provide aero benefits.

But itā€™d be boring if every Cybertruck was stainless steel with wheel covers. I think that wonā€™t be a problem tho with truck owners being the most likely to modify and customize, the Cybertruck will be the most modified Tesla yet.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I agree. The CT is an open canvas for modifying to an owners personal taste. I donā€˜t see Tesla offering wraps as a factory option but I think TONS of CT owners will go that route after they take delivery.
I think Tesla will offer a Matte Black option after they figure out a process to ā€œstainā€ the SS during the manufacturing step. The color totally changes the appearance of the CT.

1585952605057.jpeg

Last edited:

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
I still feel the standard SS color looks awesome though.
I totally agree. The stainless steel finish and construction is really one of the biggest factors making the Cybertruck special and like no other vehicle! But with hundreds of thousands of these due to be on the road and all in stainless steel it might be boring and repetitious to see after a while.

I've been thinking maybe a good compromise is to put some stripes/graphics on stainless steel instead of vinyl wrapping the whole thing. That way you I get to retain the special stainless steel look but with an individual look. And at least I'll be able to pick out my Cybertruck in a parking lot full of others :ROFLMAO:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I feel the exterior items that will differentiate a tri-motor, dual motor and single motor will be similar to what Tesla has been doing since day one. Simply different wheel/tires and a rear badge.

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
I agree. The CT is an open canvas for modifying to an owners personal taste. I donā€˜t see Tesla offering wraps as a factory option but I think TONS of CT owners will go that route after they take delivery.

I think Tesla will offer a Matte Black option after they figure out a process to ā€œstainā€ the SS during the manufacturing step. The color totally changes the appearance of the CT.
Agreed. Musk tweeted this shortly after reveal. To me he's implying there won't be factory wrap options. He's probably saying that owners can wrap it in any color they want (since obviously the company wouldn't offer up endless color options even if it did offer vinyl wrapping).

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The warranty headaches and associated costs would make offering a factory wrap prohibitive (peeling, application personnel, bubbling, fading, etc.)

Last edited:

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Matt Black or Vanta Black is my vote!
With the Star Wars Imperial Symbol on each of the front doors! :)
AT-FT { All Terrain - Family Transport }

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Matt Black or Vanta Black is my vote!
With the Star Wars Imperial Symbol on each of the front doors! :)
AT-FT { All Terrain - Family Transport }
Matte black will definitely look good on the Cybertruck. Vantablack is some cool technology but I think it'd be a shame to not be able to see the Cybertruck's unique brutalist design!

Matte Black ?

Matte Black Satin Black Cybertruck.jpg

Vantablack (where's the Cybertruck?!) ?

Vanta Black Cybertruck.jpg

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
It's too bad people do these cool color renders with the rounded off CT. Wish they used the existing model so I could see it in matte black.

LakeStevensPete

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, 2002 Honda S2000
Occupation
Multi unit restaurant owner
Country flag
Iā€™ve ordered my Tri-motor CB and looking forward to buying it in a couple of years when it comes available. So donā€™t shoot me when I ask anyoneā€™s thoughts on potential body wrap ideas for the CB. I know a lot of potential buyers love the metal look... well I donā€™t particularly so I want some color. Thoughts on body wraps or not... and/or wrap ideas.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Iā€™ve ordered my Tri-motor CB and looking forward to buying it in a couple of years when it comes available. So donā€™t shoot me when I ask anyoneā€™s thoughts on potential body wrap ideas for the CB. I know a lot of potential buyers love the metal look... well I donā€™t particularly so I want some color. Thoughts on body wraps or not... and/or wrap ideas.
Do u like blue? With a dark brown leather interior. Maybe wrap the dash in the exterior color to give it that 50s vibe.

Screenshot_20200426-121310_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored