Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Fingerprints? What are you even talking about?!? I'm never gonna clean it, not even once.
I'll take a leaf blower to the interior once a year, that's it.
The truck serves me, not the other way around.

I'm gonna be welding stuff directly to the body panels. Throwing the back seats out on the street.
Only an idiot would wrap stainless. Lots of idiots around here. You don't want a truck, you want a status symbol.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Couple pics that look olive green look particularly interesting. Where it appears forest green though, not so much

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
I’m going to do PPF (paint protection film) as opposed to vinyl. I did vinyl on my X and after the paper getting nicked up over and over I had it redone in self healing PPF. More PPF colors are hitting the market as well. Do your homework.

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
If fingerprints end up being really annoying and hard to clean then I may try some strips of ppf for the rear 6” or so of each door.
….
Only an idiot would wrap stainless. Lots of idiots around here. You don't want a truck, you want a status symbol.
Hmmm, you may be on to something.

Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Fingerprints? What are you even talking about?!? I'm never gonna clean it, not even once.

I'm gonna be welding stuff directly to the body panels. Throwing the back seats out on the street.
You sound like you're the idiot, or at least everyone here thinks so

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I’ve never wanted a green car of any kind. So this one ain’t for me. But, I can see how someone would like it, and the CT looks cool in color.

cbertgo

First Name
Colbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Dual motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not my cup of tea.

Are any owners NOT going to wrap their Cybertruck?
We might be able to decide early if we had a better idea of the cost to wrap them. I’d like to but my priority is to get the tri-motor.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

'Throwing' my take on the 'seats' into the ring....you could offer them to a fellow CT owner(?)
BTW.....'Welding stuff directly' is something l've been looking forward to seein'
KOOL KUSTOM

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
The definition of "truck" is CARRYING CARGO! Most people today with pickups are in passenger vehicles with a truck-like feature. Seriously, just look at the leaf springs on them and that tells the story.

There's a long ago thread where i said. "if you can't put a 40 foot ladder on it, I'm out." Really a pair of 40's and a stage is what I need. I need the rack to be level, flat and a minimum of ten foot long. If I can't do that, then no CT for me.
And honestly, I'm not yet optimistic that you will be able to do that. There's 8 mounting points but they don't look extremely strong to me. I've got the skills to weld stainless and make it look good. The word "austentitic" is good news because it's the easiest stainless to weld, but we don't know the exact chemical formula and you want to match the filler to the base material. Was hoping for actual 3mm thick, not sure if 1.75mm is thick enough for what I want. There could be electrical problems....
The rear seats are getting replaced with custom cargo shelves. I'm pretty sure someone said the rear door opens past 90 degrees.

Last edited:

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I think the cost of wrapping them will not be extremely high. It's a large job but those guys do a lot of commercial vans and even box trucks, so they know how to do large. The complete lack of curves makes it a relatively easy job. Maybe triangles add complexity or a lot of wasted material?
I see it as a job that even a beginner could get pretty close to correct. This job should be equal or less expensive than a smaller car with lots of curves.
Sponsored