Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Who adds the background music to these videos? Geez Louise.
It comes with the uploading software.

At GM, the trucks went through the paint booth and then just kind of into a corral out in the open inside the factory. We didn't have a clean room. Things have probably changed a lot since 1998 though...

EDIT: The corral was basically so the trucks wouldn't be touched while the paint hardened up. I think there were between 10 and 20 trucks in there at all times.
And all those lovely VOCs are released into the factory air for the workers to breathe and get cancer from.

-Crissa
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Anyone else notice that, across all these camo trucks, the pattern locations are identical on the vehicle?

Admitting I don’t know much about wraps, it leads me to otherwise conclude these aren’t from rolls of patterned wrap variously applied to the vehicle

they’re panel-specific sets made for the CT

would lead one to lean towards thinking Tesla is having these panel sets made as an accessory, as opposed to simply having some units wrapped at the tint shop

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Anyone else notice that, across all these camo trucks, the pattern locations are identical on the vehicle?

Admitting I don’t know much about wraps, it leads me to otherwise conclude these aren’t from rolls of patterned wrap variously applied to the vehicle

would lead one to lean towards thinking Tesla is having these panel sets made as an accessory, as opposed to simply having some units wrapped at the tint shop
I can see this in the accessories shop... in fact they currently stock a $50 ppf package for the model y that covers the rear doors and fenders.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I can see this in the accessories shop... in fact they currently stock a $50 ppf package for the model y that covers the rear doors and fenders.
me, too

and that they have options other than this Joe Rogan edition urban camo

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Spotted again near Palo Alto today. Very clear photos

dayj1bghhv7b1.jpg

ykcdq8ghhv7b1.jpg

27xca9ghhv7b1.jpg
Have you got any info please on where in Palo Alto these are from? I'm cruising the streets of San Francisco as we speak to spot a CT!

It's why I came to the USA! (Sort of) :giggle: :giggle:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Pre cut and folded wrap peices would be the bomb!

Could even come in a flat pack DIY kit. Clean car, stick on, done.
Pick colour and finish, or even custom print and there'd be a million custom Cybertrucks out there then, which would be pretty epic.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I went into my reservations, manage, then did a trade in estimate. Got this text message.

Thank you for your interest in our highly anticipated Cybertruck. While we appreciate your enthusiasm, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have any updates to share as we diligently work towards commencing production later this year. Rest assured, we are committed to delivering an exceptional product and will keep our valued customers informed as we progress. We appreciate your patience and continued support as we bring the Cybertruck to life. Feel free to reach out with additional questions.'

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
They won't take my DeLorean trade-in, it's not on the list 😭
Why would you want to trade your Delorean though?

I liked your idea of towing the Delorean with the Cybertruck better. :cool:

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
how bout a polka dot wrap where each dot is a ford lightning?
Sponsored