Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I am aware of them, I have have used one at some point in time (or now). I try not to talk about them on a site which is funded by advertising though.
No worries, you provide traffic for their metrics at the very least. So it's not like you're not "providing".

Me, I have a PiHole on my network, so the ads register hits for them, but I never ever see the ads. Look it up, I don't feel guilty one bit. If they have a donation page I'd chip in a few bucks. But this site is a big CMS made of dozens of sites. They get their ad hits, for sure.

*** BANNED ACCOUNT ***
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No worries, you provide traffic for their metrics at the very least. So it's not like you're not "providing".

Me, I have a PiHole on my network, so the ads register hits for them, but I never ever see the ads. Look it up, I don't feel guilty one bit. If they have a donation page I'd chip in a few bucks. But this site is a big CMS made of dozens of sites. They get their ad hits, for sure.
I’ve heard of Pi Hole as well. I should set one up. I’m also more-or-less aware of the nature of CTOC.

I‘ve been on other forums where discussing such things gets posts deleted.

I like to think I deliver my value to the site via my entertaining repertoire, cunning wit, and deep subject matter expertise.

I like to think that…

… work with me here.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I run Pihole plus uBlock plus the built-in browser blockers plus........etc. I never want to see an ad anywhere ever. I cut out TV ads in the late 90s. Life is better without trash telling you what to think.

I just placed a trailing stop order for 30 TSLA with a $6 limit. Keep dropping baby!!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I run Pihole plus uBlock plus the built-in browser blockers plus........etc. I never want to see an ad anywhere ever. I cut out TV ads in the late 90s. Life is better without trash telling you what to think.

I just placed a trailing stop order for 30 TSLA with a $6 limit. Keep dropping baby!!
But then how would I know that I need Proceilingtiles.com? All I did was innocently google suspended ceiling spar and now I need a brand new ceiling!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
And you probably got a discount code for watching the Kardashians do...whatever they do!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Also easier to rip it clean off when I inevitably lean the truck against a boulder off-roading. I've knocked a fender off my Jeep many times.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Also easier to rip it clean off when I inevitably lean the truck against a boulder off-roading. I've knocked a fender off my Jeep many times.
Front fenders have the side view cameras embedded into them - so 3 of 4 fenders have expensive bits in them - for those doing hard core off-roading - going to be expensive to rip fenders off....on the positive side, no pin stripes in the paint!

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Honest question - how common is it to do hard core off-roading in a full-sized pick-up? From what I see, it's usually jeeps, SUVs, Hummers, and small to mid-sized pick-ups.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you're ripping fenders off, you're doing something wrong.

That said, it's just a door. And replacing cameras is just plug and snap. Watch a bunch of wham-bam-teslacam and you'll see the cameras usually survive when the wheel fenders do not.

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
If you're ripping fenders off, you're doing something wrong.

That said, it's just a door. And replacing cameras is just plug and snap. Watch a bunch of wham-bam-teslacam and you'll see the cameras usually survive when the wheel fenders do not.

-Crissa
I watch wham bam but then I go around thinking everyone is trying to kill me with their cars.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Honest question - how common is it to do hard core off-roading in a full-sized pick-up? From what I see, it's usually jeeps, SUVs, Hummers, and small to mid-sized pick-ups.
Full Sizers dont have good angles, are pretty wide for trails, etc - that's why you dont see as many out there...I learned a long time ago to have a dedicated 4x4 and to not use my daily driver/full size truck to to hard core off-road - screw up alignment, pin stripes and broken stuff...not worth something you commute in or are still paying for. That being said the electric trucks are so much more capable, guess will have too....

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Full Sizers dont have good angles, are pretty wide for trails, etc - that's why you dont see as many out there...I learned a long time ago to have a dedicated 4x4 and to not use my daily driver/full size truck to to hard core off-road - screw up alignment, pin stripes and broken stuff...not worth something you commute in or are still paying for. That being said the electric trucks are so much more capable, guess will have too....
So what you are saying is if you want to off-road much, 2 Cybertrucks is likely a good idea.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Losing the odd camera won't be a problem.

Just don't stick your head out the window. :cool:
Sponsored