Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This picture is messing with me. It feels to me like there is some sort of camera distortion going on in this picture. The dimensions all feel off. The rear tire looks considerably smaller then the front one, the front half of the vehicle seems too long compared to the back, ect.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Why can't Tesla move the charging port to front?
This post is about tires. If you want to talk about the charging port location you should create a new thread.

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
Someone tell me again how the nose got shortened. LMAO

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Not a fan of the smaller wheel look, or those awful hubcabs, but probably a base/ range friendly option that will be offered.

5Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

1Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

2Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg

3Cybertruck Smaller Street Tires, New Wheel Covers .jpg
I am confused. I do not know if these are smaller wheels/tires but the wheel covers look identical (or nearly so) to those on the early prototypes and the unveiling. Have you been upset like this over these covers for almost 4 years? Just take them off. As for range, I expect Tesla to offer wheel/tire options to improve range for those who don't off road much. Or, maybe the standard option will be an all-year tire that optimizes range and there will be an option for offroad wheels and tires.

h_arout

First Name
Harout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model 3, Model 3 LR, Model Y LR, Model X,
Country flag
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh idk how to feel about that

Reactions: CHC

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I am confused. I do not know if these are smaller wheels/tires but the wheel covers look identical (or nearly so) to those on the early prototypes and the unveiling. Have you been upset like this over these covers for almost 4 years? Just take them off. As for range, I expect Tesla to offer wheel/tire options to improve range for those who don't off road much. Or, maybe the standard option will be an all-year tire that optimizes range and there will be an option for offroad wheels and tires.
They're very different, these new aero covers look like the wish.com version. Hopefully only limited to the street Pirelli's and the Goodyear AT gets the previous design.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
They would move the charge port to the front if they determined that location was more optimal. But, obviously, that is not where their data analysis took them.

Having 3 Model 3's in our crowded driveway, sharing two charge stations, has convinced me of the wisdom of the rear driver's side location. Also, when Supercharging, I'm backing into a static stall, not an active traffic corridor. I would prefer to not back out into traffic while being totally comfortable using the rear camera to back into the well-defined charging stall. It's just more relaxing that way.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
At over 500 amps even a small increase in the length of cable between the port-charger-battery causes significant power loss and heat generation.
Sponsored