Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I watch wham bam but then I go around thinking everyone is trying to kill me with their cars.
Gets you to drive defensively, tho, doesn't it? I do it as part of my motorcycle training. I only watch the ones with a story or a skill trainer host to go over the details.

-Crissa
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So what you are saying is if you want to off-road much, 2 Cybertrucks is likely a good idea.
Lol, saying old rules (at least mine) dont apply because of the superior capabilities of the new Elec Trucks...eg way better than gassers (speculation based upon Rivian Performance), and given I cant afford 2 CT's (to your point) - so f it, the CT's going wheeling and I'm gonna break some fenders! :cool: I'll keep my M3p for the commute!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
If you're ripping fenders off, you're doing something wrong.
If you're not damaging things, you're doing something wrong/boring. Ripping a fender off is for the light trails.

Honest question - how common is it to do hard core off-roading in a full-sized pick-up? From what I see, it's usually jeeps, SUVs, Hummers, and small to mid-sized pick-ups.
Very uncommon. The CT changes all of that with capabilities and specs never before seen in a full size vehicle outside of a real humvee (which obviously is very off-road capable).

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
There's more tech in the glovebox of a CT than in the entire moon project.
Not more tech just a different generation. More “tech” relates to slower development? And just when did development of a pickup truck, no matter what type of propulsion become on par with sending men to the moon for the First time. Just imagine all the development involved in that “tech” and again no silicon based computers just gray matter. And of course Werner VonBraun.
There's more tech in the glovebox of a CT than in the entire moon project.

tkal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT3
Occupation
Metal fab
Country flag
Gets you to drive defensively, tho, doesn't it? I do it as part of my motorcycle training. I only watch the ones with a story or a skill trainer host to go over the details.

-Crissa
Would Dan Dan the Fireman qualify?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag

-Crissa
This is essential for motorcyclists.
Learn from others mistakes kids.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Which channels do you recommend?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Which channels do you recommend?
Eight now I can only suggest DanDanTheFireman and WhamBammStories for collision/incident recaps.

But for more general training, I'd recommend CanyonChasers, Bret Tkacs, and Motojitsu (tho his videos also include less good behavior, his training methods are spot on)

-Crissa

PS: DanDan's other channel with his lesson videos is 'Motorcycle Training Concepts' and is full of no-nonsense lessons, examples, and explanations. Basically all the boring, but solid stuff that it's good to skim over for ideas and to make sure you're familiar with the tools and safety practices.

Last edited:

Ramojarocho

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 09 C300 4matic, 98 Chevy 1500
Occupation
Automotive Industry Muth Mirror Systems
Country flag
Really not much different from a side by side comparison to the alpha at petersen museum.

There is hope for no shrunk bed!

Big Ass Wiper doesn't look so big and ugly anymore.

CT_ALPHA_BETA_SIDEBYSIDE.JPG
The frunk looks smaller in the new one.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
The further out you are, the more challenging the trail, the more you should not be damaging your ride home.

-Crissa

Spare parts tools? I have had to limp back a few times. Its also why I rarely go out alone.

Edit to add:
I have seen a few full sized rigs, but they are few and far between.

I don't worry much about the pin stripes even on my dailies, but not having to worry about rust because of them is a plus.

I do plan on taking mine on some trails but probably nothing harder than a level 6 (Moab hells revenge is pretty easy)

and I wouldn't be surprised if tubular fenders for the CT came out soon after release.

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I've had to weld things on the trail or limp home on 3 wheel drive. If you're not breaking things, you're not having enough fun.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The frunk looks smaller in the new one.
The @Throwcomputer pictures make it look like Tesla changed:
  • Front H/L -4 inches from corner LED length
  • Projected frontal area - 22%
  • Frunk deck length -4 inches
  • Empire waist angle == level .v. rr bustle
  • Windshield Vertical dim -â…ž inches
  • Windscreen = aero concave .vs. flat
  • Roof Ht - 1 Âľ inches lower
Two regrets.
  1. Like an iconic flat screen W/S alot for offroad tradition
  2. Preferred prototype empire waistline bustle cut into the exoskeleton favoring a raised rearend appearance rather than lifting the rearend to achieve the profile of the original. Lifts change corner weights which wasn’t necessary in the prototype.