Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
How hard would it have been to stick you phone up in the air and take a quick picture. A real truck buyer/user would have. Something is fishy about this verbal testimony. Many people had their phones out.
Speaking of non truck buyers.. Did anyone else see the women hanging over the railing in front of the stage screaming and crying their eyes out like they were at a Beatles show in 1966? I laughed so hard. Also couldn't stop laughing about the screams and cheers from the crowd over talk of battery cells and manufacturing capacity and optimizations. No one in their right mind could have ever foreseen crowds losing their shit over such mundane talk before!! šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag
Maybe the most misleading threat title ever.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Speaking of non truck buyers.. Did anyone else see the women hanging over the railing in front of the stage screaming and crying their eyes out like they were at a Beatles show in 1966? I laughed so hard. Also couldn't stop laughing about the screams and cheers from the crowd over talk of battery cells and manufacturing capacity and optimizations. No one in their right mind could have ever foreseen crowds losing their shit over such mundane talk before!! šŸ˜‚
I thought that was @CyberGus because he was so happy after being let in to the party after all? Lol šŸ¤Ŗ

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So I found another much better video of the potential midgate.
Sadly, it doesn't look like the window is was open from what I can tell.

There seems to be glass reflections where the window is meant to be on top of the midgate. It's clear and not tinted so harder to make out in these lighting conditions...

There is however a clear change in the design in the "midgate" bed wall, in that it appears the original Z shape is higher and stretched out, and there is now a small shelf under the window itself. The window also appears smaller. It also looks like the midgate wall angle extends straight to the bed floor. This "could" allow the window to fit when it slides down into it, however, it might require the window to tilt first and then slide down.

That would get rid of the problem of the window fitting into the midgate itself, meaning it could then fold down forwards into the cab. The little shelf would then become a load stop, potentially with some type of extra fold up panel so stuff doesn't go flying forwards into the cab.

Is this enough to prove there's a midgate? Not quite yet for me, but I'm still hoping.

Everyone was talking about ā€œSecurityā€ keeping people away from the truck and threatening to kick people out if they touched it.

That wasnā€™t security, it was the detailing crew. They all have their hands full of cleaning supplies. They didnā€™t want anyone touching it because they didnā€™t want to clean more fingerprints on it they would have to clean off. :ROFLMAO:

And I canā€™t see any evidence of a midgate or rolling window in this video either.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Lets see, do I want 500 miles of range, 3500 pounds of capacity and 14,000 pounds of towing capacity, adjustable air suspension, 35 Inch off-road tires with 16ā€ on tap clearance, and Tesla technology stack plus Supercharger

OR

a Midgate.

:ROFLMAO:

I donā€™t think Tesla is or should be overly worried about the Silverado. Right now the Midgate is itā€™s only trick. Itā€™s a neat one, but one most people get by without already. The Avalanche wasnā€™t a smash hit because of it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seems like thatā€™s what it would take, but even Tim Cook has chicks stalking him*.

TIM COOK. Heā€™s gay, gray, and kind of boring. (I love the guy but itā€™s true). Likely wouldnā€™t even be interested in a woman if she werenā€™t a stalker.

Apple seeds the crowds at their launch events with Apple employees to ensure there is some applause and we know there were quite a few Tesla employees here, but I suspect the rabid screaming was legit crazy people.

People flip out over money and wealth. Also, Musk is incredibly nerd-cool and lets face it, if you were looking for someone to father your kidā€¦ who is better qualified?

(Also, dudes often get freaky about female celebs too. This isnā€™t a gender thing, just a weird celebrity thing)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lets see, do I want 500 miles of range, 3500 pounds of capacity and 14,000 pounds of towing capacity, adjustable air suspension, 35 Inch off-road tires with 16ā€ on tap clearance, and Tesla technology stack plus Supercharger

OR

a Midgate.

:ROFLMAO:

I donā€™t think Tesla is or should be overly worried about the Silverado. Right now the Midgate is itā€™s only trick. Itā€™s a neat one, but one most people get by without already. The Avalanche wasnā€™t a smash hit because of it.
I'm actually still hoping we get a proper fold up load stop on the tailgate if we don't get a complicated midgate that actually works.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Seems like thatā€™s what it would take, but even Tim Cook has chicks stalking him*.

TIM COOK. Heā€™s gay, gray, and kind of boring. (I love the guy but itā€™s true). Likely wouldnā€™t even be interested in a woman if she werenā€™t a stalker.

Apple seeds the crowds at their launch events with Apple employees to ensure there is some applause and we know there were quite a few Tesla employees here, but I suspect the rabid screaming was legit crazy people.

People flip out over money and wealth. Also, Musk is incredibly nerd-cool and lets face it, if you were looking for someone to father your kidā€¦ who is better qualified?

(Also, dudes often get freaky about female celebs too. This isnā€™t a gender thing, just a weird celebrity thing)

EM has that affect on people.

Earlier that same day:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

My initial comment was pointing out the absurdity of the situation.. Gender was an unintentional attribute to the statement. Just so happens that one shot of the woman crying was the most absurd and instantly made me think of the black and white footage of fans freaking out at Beatles first American show. I did a spit take at that one!

I was trying to say that people freaking out about Elon musk and battery cells and factory efficiency is absurdity!

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag