Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
Yeah, that's too difficult of a problem for a dumb company like Tesla to solve. :unsure:

It'll never work. :ROFLMAO:
Heck, Tesla canā€™t even solve my issue with turning off the heat seaters. Iā€™m not kidding. I love Tesla but their not as smart as you think.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Heck, Tesla canā€™t even solve my issue with turning off the heat seaters. Iā€™m not kidding. I love Tesla but their not as smart as you think.
Tesla is working on about 10,000 things more important than your personal seat heaters. If they cared about your seat heaters as much as the really important things they are working on they would have them fixed in under a week.

And the rest of you can spare me the stories of how important customer service is - Tesla has better customer service than all the major legacy manufacturers combined.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No it hasn't.

We are just today building possibly greater return than energy; but that doesn't mean that it's economically viable.

-Crissa
Not understanding your disagreement. I was reading articles about fusion back in the 1960s. They always said it was 10 years away. You have done nothing to refute the statement. Your graph is irrelevant to the statement. Can you please clarify?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not understanding your disagreement. I was reading articles about fusion back in the 1960s. They always said it was 10 years away. You have done nothing to refute the statement. Your graph is irrelevant to the statement. Can you please clarify?
Any article saying it was ten years any time in the past was flatly wrong. As you can see from the chart, progress has been basically a straight line.

I kinda wish I could find a chart with different energy sources on it. Because fossil fuels would have different downward slopes, while most renewables would have an upward slope. They'd be at different heights, of course, with the fossil fuels up at the highest level (and nuclear above that) but it would be an interesting chart.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It's common for articles speculating on the future development of a technology to use at "least 10 years away" as a placeholder to mean there is no known viable path to commercialization yet in the lab and we can only "see" 10 years out. I've never seen an article that said "In 10 years fusion will be ready for commercial deployment", at least not any credible or responsible article. Because to say something like that there would need to be a technological pathway to commercialization, ie, it would have to be working in the lab.

They are saying it's at least 10 years out because it requires new discoveries to make it viable and we don't know when that might happen or if it's even possible. This is what responsible articles I was reading on fusion in the 1970's and 1980's were saying.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
All this talk about grooves in the bed has me wondering if anyone has yet confirmed that the lines are actual grooves/ slots or just grip strips stuck on the perfectly flat deck for the prototype. I have seen pictures of the so called grooves in different configuration on the tailgate... do people think they machined a different tailgate or just scraped off the gripper sticker?

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
All this talk about grooves in the bed has me wondering if anyone has yet confirmed that the lines are actual grooves/ slots or just grip strips stuck on the perfectly flat deck for the prototype. I have seen pictures of the so called grooves in different configuration on the tailgate... do people think they machined a different tailgate or just scraped off the gripper sticker?
This is the best close up I could fine. It looks to me that they are strips on a flat surface (the light on the left gives a bit of shadow of the strips on the right side).

Machining goes against simple manufacturing. Sticking strips on the surface goes against durable tough. Don't know what the update is going to be like.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberwar (Cybertruck vs Model Y) 1617023863723

Last edited:

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Please take that politics and fairy tales somewhere else.

They are very off topic here.

-Crissa
I thought they were off topic too. It reads like dismissal, and distraction to me. I was going to respond, but I will let this stand as my response and drop the hasty misspelling, and redirection as a waste of time and energy.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
You make a good point. After all, Musk has said many times he is building this truck with simple flat lines because the stainless is so hard, and the intent is to streamline the production. This would make a feature like the T-groove plate floor an aspect that could seriously slow the production line.

Cyberbri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2018 Model 3, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Actor
Country flag
I echo the above in that we who love electric mobility don't want to wait. I am driving a model Y right now specifically as an interim ride between the S and the CT. I am reluctant to give up the efficiency in watts per mile when adopting the CT. Hoping efficiency in the tech will help keep the gap in watts per mile between vehicles reasonable.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I sold cars and trucks for the big T and in order to get a Corolla the dealer had to order X number of trucks. This is an example of product cannibalism to as the trucks were not selling so well at the time but the Japanese version of GM, Toyota decided to push trucks on the dealers and let them deal with the excess inventory. The difference here with Tesla is they are made local and the only excess they may have would be a mistake order. I do not think there will be a lot of inventory unless there is run on vehicles.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
This is the best close up I could fine. It looks to me that they are strips on a flat surface (the light on the left gives a bit of shadow of the strips on the right side).

Machining goes against simple manufacturing. Sticking strips on the surface goes against durable tough. Don't know what the update is going to be like.

1617023863723.png
Its only a prototype.... and some stickers are hella strong...
Sponsored