Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Its only a prototype.... and some stickers are hella strong...
There was a pretty long discussion about the bed with nothing conclusive. My personal opinion is that those are T-Slots with rubber seals in place. That would keep most of the crap out of the slots plus it would make it WAY easier to pick up flat material like sheet metal, off of the flat bed. Maybe something like this:
Tesla Cybertruck Cyberwar (Cybertruck vs Model Y) tslotseal
Sponsored

kenshortt

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado, Passat
Country flag
Model Y is selling like hotcakes.

Will Tesla be shooting itself in the foot with introducing CT at the same price point (CT2 vs Y)?

Do you think:
- Y will have a price drop when CT rolls in?
- CT will have a price hike in form of options?
- Tesla will delay or slow down production of CT to squeeze as many Ys out of the factory as possible?
or
- There is no overlap between Y and CT costumers?

Were any of you about to order a Y and went on hold for CT when news came out?

Any of you that are at the end of the line for CT and considering dropping out and going for Y?

Any other thoughts on Y vs CT?
I bought a Y in Oct 2020. I needed a truck and bought a Ford F250 Super Duty. For the first time I considered canceling the CT. It was just a passing thought. The Ford is now my work truck. The CT is my survival vehicle. Note: I want a metal roof. If not, I will have to have it covered.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
There was a pretty long discussion about the bed with nothing conclusive. My personal opinion is that those are T-Slots with rubber seals in place. That would keep most of the crap out of the slots plus it would make it WAY easier to pick up flat material like sheet metal, off of the flat bed. Maybe something like this:
tslotseal.png

On the ramp those big squares that look like a similar material to the lines on the bed...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

On the ramp those big squares that look like a similar material to the lines on the bed...
That's a good video. You can kind of see the black lines look raised. As for those squares, I think they are Non-skid tape. Like what is used on Skateboards. You can also buy that non-skid tape for applying to a handicap ramp. I "THINK" those squares are on there to give traction for anything or anybody going up, or down that ramp.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model Y 90D, 1868 Boneshaker, 1887 Rudge Light Roadster 54" , 1885 Victor Roadster 54", 1973 Schwinn Paramount, 1999 Dodge 3500 Van with Plate "CYBERTR"
Occupation
Radical Sustainabilist, Applied Scientist, Post Architect, Scrounger of Materials to Transform Old Houses to Carbon Free, Citrus Grower in Colorado.
Country flag
I will only be buying a CT. I'll stick with my Taco if Elon pushes production off too much. I don't want to be 70 when my order number comes up.
At 77, I will be happy to get mine by age 78. That is why I made a first day reservation and will be in the first 6,000. When you are old, you know not to delay !
Sponsored