Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
Not my render but would place an order for two units, price point dependant.

592BF235-8C69-4BB0-9500-49E825498DB8.jpeg
I see Telsa is still having problems with potential wiper blade locations even on the new VAN. Nice rendering job.
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I have seen reports that there will be a limited production of the CT in 2022, sorry. ramping up in the 3rd or possibly 4th quarter but extremely low volume. Full production ramping up in 2023 with a little over 100,000 units for the year.

What is more fascinating, it looks like the CT will have a useful little brother, a van. Production due 2024, aka Cybertruck Van.

I believe that it will be at least 2023 before Tesla fully ramps production of the CyberTruck.
Elon said as much. He also used the words "we are aiming for full production in 2023". That gives a lot of leeway for when Tesla starts really cranking out CT. "Aiming for" does not mean it will be 2023.

The bottom line is that unless you are in the top 100,000 of reservation holders, you are looking at 2024 before you get yours. Man that is a long time to wait.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
With that much overhang and high center of gravity past the back wheels, you should more be worried about doing wheelies everywhere you go. Better put some skid plates under the back.
That is an interesting point. I have an RV based on the Sprinter and to keep the crazy overhang from being a problem the engine, 26 gallon fuel tank, and the 50 gallon fresh water tank are all located around the front wheels (plus driver and maybe passenger) and yet lots of Sprinters with less overhang (I am at 23 feet in length) worry about hanging a motorcycle on the bumper.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I should have posted my reservation date estimates to this thread :)
What will be your first Cybertruck Experience?

I made two orders (separated by a month) to hedge my receive-date-bet...
  • Dual motor, 1 hour after launch
    • est position: 52,xxx
    • est position for trim: 14,xxx
    • est delivery month: Nov 12, 2024
  • Tri motor, 1 month after launch
    • est position: 384,xxx
    • est position for trim: 115,xxx
    • est delivery month: Jan 3, 2024
Yikes, based on current assumptions, earliest adopters will not be first in line.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I agree that Tesla has secretly been working on a Cybervan. It’s going to sell like crazy if it’s priced competitively.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivery dates of CT and Cybertruck Van C8FD9556-275F-4C7A-A083-E5453AC12AE6
Tesla Cybertruck Delivery dates of CT and Cybertruck Van DE0B1177-B41C-4B26-B138-5509B804C212

webroady

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Scion xB, 2009 F250
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Our '08 xB was one of the best cars we ever owned. Stealth hod rod on a 7% grade without even breaking a sweat. My uncle was a Toyota service manager for 30 years (how that's for an appeal to authority that is the source of this thread?). He said (the second iteration) drive train was the most reliable they had.
Still loving my ‘08 xB after 13 years but next vehicles will be EV, very likely a Tesla. Cybertruck on order. Debating ordering X as well, but will likely buy more Tesla stock instead of vehicles.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I hope they don't make Cybervans

Only because the stainless steel will be boring to look at .

I love it in the Cybertruck version, it has its uniqueness and while it can be argued the Cybervan is also practical, it will be too 'industrial' to see Stainless steel everywhere around the suburbs.

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think we all know about Grosse Pointe Mi, and I know about Lake Shore Rd in Grosse Pointe but not Lake Shore Drive in Grosse Pointe, MI and no Grosse Pointe Shores anywhere. Good night.

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
WOW that would be a great rumor (Sorry, NOT true)... I would love Elon to stick it in Mary's face... Not that he hasn't a couple of times. So far Elon only purchased one used plant, as far as I know, that is one of the high production battery facilities in NV? My opinion is most of the plants in Detroit and surrounding, are way too small in comparison to both Gigga's.
You can count on those plants being severely updated if happens. I have some more questions after reading this printout. So I just did a quick map of my location vs the Ford House. ONE Minute or .5 miles. Interesting tidbit (unfortunately) Mr WC Ford lived at the end of my street (Passed 2014) wife Martha Firestone still resides there, obvously on Lake St Clair.
Yeah, and im a tail gunner on the space shuttle.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I hope they don't make Cybervans

Only because the stainless steel will be boring to look at .

I love it in the Cybertruck version, it has its uniqueness and while it can be argued the Cybervan is also practical, it will be too 'industrial' to see Stainless steel everywhere around the suburbs.
I think a Tesla van will be cast from a different mold myself.

Much closer to the sprinter van and/ or perhaps a mini van from the Model 3 base.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still loving my ‘08 xB after 13 years but next vehicles will be EV, very likely a Tesla. Cybertruck on order. Debating ordering X as well, but will likely buy more Tesla stock instead of vehicles.
I used my CT money to get Tesla stocks soon from the start [after arguing with my financial "advisor" for ~ a year]. I hope by the time my CT order is ready I will have the cash to buy it, while I retain my initial investment and perhaps more. I might consider financing the CT, if Tesla stocks are going to Mars and beyond. :)
Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I used my CT money to get Tesla stocks soon from the start [after arguing with my financial "advisor" for ~ a year]. I hope by the time my CT order is ready I will have the cash to buy it, while I retain my initial investment and perhaps more. I might consider financing the CT, if Tesla stocks are going to Mars and beyond. :)
Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance
Read your post too quickly - thought you said 'Tesla Socks'.. made sense to me at first because they are pretty expensive ?

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Read your post too quickly - thought you said 'Tesla Socks'.. made sense to me at first because they are pretty expensive ?
Yes, I have to read over and over what I write in English and yet I still miss somethings :)
However, the original post did states "stocks". I do not think Tesla stocks are too expensive.
In my view they are about to go big with GigaTexas and GigaBerlin, not counting for all the other developments. BUT, I am not a financial advisor.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hopefully my Cybertruck socks will appreciate along with the share price.

Oh... if that happened I'd have to stop wearing them.
Sponsored