Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Hahahahah I get it I get it. I just don’t wanna order too early and my car isn’t paid off. But I kind of want to order now to lock in the price for the dual motor.
You can put delivery on hold up to 6 months when it is your turn. I seriously doubt you will get one before 2024. The question is how long after it will be. $100 will give you an option so you can decide to keep it or cancel and make another reservation when there is more info available. go for it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

FutureTrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 honda accord, 2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can put delivery on hold up to 6 months when it is your turn. I seriously doubt you will get one before 2024. The question is how long after it will be. $100 will give you an option so you can decide to keep it or cancel and make another reservation when there is more info available. go for it.
I didn’t know that!!! Thank you. I’ll reserve tomorrow.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Hahahahah I get it I get it. I just don’t wanna order too early and my car isn’t paid off. But I kind of want to order now to lock in the price for the dual motor.
Too early? OK, that would have been five minutes before the reveal started. I'll say no more.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m sure I could afford;) two car payments but I don’t think it’ll be that smart since my wife and I just built our house and we move in next week, and we also have our first child due in November, I’m just wanting to be smart about this
Congrats on the new house and the coming of first born. Take it from an OLD FART, you have plenty of trials and tribulations ahead of you and a lot of time to forge through them. Having said that, we are on the cuff of the electrification of the automobile with many changes to come. SPEND wisely and SAVE even more wisely.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Hey y’all. i’m new here and debating on reserving a cybertruck. i’ll have my current vehicle paid off by 2024 at the latest. if I ordered a dual motor in june, when should I realistically expect to take delivery?
Well if it is any indication, I ordered my dual motor version on 25 November 2019, and the spreadsheet has my estimated date of delivery to be 8 March 2023. If you are still "just thinking" about plunking your $100 down to reserve your place, you might be reasonably expecting yours around about December of 2030 or so. You might be better off to wait until CT Version 2 is announced "a month or so" after that (Elon time of course) and try to be first in line for the new $100k FSD option. I think FSD is still 10K, but it won't stay there forever. It was just 7k for those of us who stepped up right away when the CT(1) was unveiled. Waiting just 4 days cost me about a year and a half in projected wait time..... maybe more. Seriously, it is impossible to tell you when your estimated delivery date will be. Most likely long after your current vehicle is paid off for sure. You are only talking a $100 fully refundable and cancelable deposit. You have already lost 3k on the FSD option if you want it, so why wait any longer? There is always the option of waiting until they come out and then eventually start showing up on the used market, which they will if finances are an issue. Debating a refundable $100 deposit is hardly debatable if you are serious about buying a Cybertruck AND able to purchase one. If it is pie in the sky then it isn't debating anymore. It is pure speculation or wishful thinking. If you are serious, do it today. If the $100 is a problem, don't. Not ever.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Bringing this back up again:). I still haven’t placed a reservation. With the chip shortage going on and what not, what is the production schedule looking like?
There is no production schedule for you until you put a whole $100 refundable deposit down. You are delaying the inevitable. I drove a 2006 Chrysler 300C while waiting on my 2019 order until the Hemi blew up. Now I'm driving my 1993 Dodge Ram 150 pickup hoping it holds out. If you really want a Cybertruck, you do what you have to do. What I am having to do is being a retired doctor driving around town in a beater because I can't afford to buy something newer and get my Cybertruck. Reserve your Cybertruck with a $100 bill. If it gets here before you want it to, sell your ICE machine and drive the Cybertruck or sell the Cybertruck at a profit to someone who doesn't want to wait and then order another one and wait again. Simple. Or keep doing like you are doing. Elon's clan might get to Mars before you actually get your Cybertruck though.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
There may be many decisions you make in life that you live to regret. This won't be one of them.
I can see that was a tough one for you! Congratulations!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
You probably should have read to the end before replying to this old thread.
Who knows when some of them end and I get tired of scrolling. No big deal. Lots of old threads still have life.
Sponsored