Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Maybe. The castings are very cheap when you're making alot of them. Fold the body, plug the casting in as a single piece bracket hanging from it to attach the electronics. Less welding, more snap-and-go.

-Crissa
EXACTLY!! someone gets it. Elon mentioned so many times how much it brings down cost and ease of manufacturing.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Does his have the all aluminum body??
I thought so but I looked it up and the Super Duty didn't go to aluminum till 2017. So good chance it's not aluminum. BUT, Chlorine and Acids are very bad even for Stainless.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Acids are fine for stainless, to a point. It's the oxidizers that are bad, mostly.

-Crissa
Natural environments aren't to bad with Stainless, it depends on the environment the Stainless Steel is in. Pool environments can be harsh even to Stainless. Here's a report about it.

I guess I'm trying to point this out, because I'm concerned about people thinking stainless solves all problems, it doesn't. It will corrode. Common sense is important. When I had to make lab sinks, many times we would use plastics instead stainless.

https://www.natare.com/file-transfe...-raw/e116d215-d7c1-4552-b006-d87ed80a0dc3.pdf

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If you really want your CT to be non-reactive, you could just coat it in gold leaf. It would certainly be unique then too. Any shiny. But pretty easy to scratch so you might need some extra gold leaf for repairs.

Might be easier to just coat it in truck bed liner.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Nice pic put the picture does not show us the area of the truck we are talking about.

We need a picture of the area at the top of the air shocks.
What are the shocks attached to.
People were asking whether the battery pack will be accessible or whether the folded frame will wrap around the bottom of the truck. If the latter is true, then at least in this prototype they have cut a hole for the battery pack. The front and rear ends are a separate part (a majority) of this thread.
Sponsored