Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag
There is a lot you're missing here so I'm going to guess you have less experience in auto manufacturing than Tesla? Do you know which automaker has the CEO with the longest tenue? Yup, it's Tesla by a mile. He's the most experienced CEO in the auto industry.

The biggest thing you don't seem to get is that both S&X were designed for relatively low volume of production (and that has everything to do with how low Tesla can drive prices).

Every new model that Tesla releases comes with new manufacturing techniques designed to speed production lines and make more cars using less time and less factory space, and fewer individual components that need to be joined together. This drives down the cost to produce. The Cybertruck will be the first Tesla model to exclusively use battery cells designed and built in-house by Tesla. Sure, Tesla has always built their own batteries, but the cells themselves previously came from partners and suppliers. This lowers the cost to produce.

Tesla's overall volume of production increases each and every year. That means fixed costs can spread out over more vehicles. This lowers the cost to end user.

The Cybertruck is the first Tesla model to not require a paintshop for the bodywork. This drives down the cost to produce.

In short, I'm not sure what you think you are breaking to us, as if we should listen to an auto manufacturing nobody above Tesla, the company whose last car to be released, the Model Y, is already the best-selling car in the entire world, gas or electric. So much for electric cars costing too much to ever sell in high volumes. It's the best-selling car in the entire world. What is it that you don't understand about that? Why do you think you know more than the people who are actually leading the revolution of better, more affordable cars that are easier and more cost effective to buy and maintain? Every generation gets better and can be built more efficiently.
This didnt age well

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Research
Country flag
Not the point... i think people set themselves up for disappointment when all of the signs were there.... no reason to be sad or mad just stating the obvious.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Not the point... i think people set themselves up for disappointment when all of the signs were there.... no reason to be sad or mad just stating the obvious.
You mean the signs like when Elon was saying that the monthly payment is number 1? Or when he said that Tesla is making evs affordable? Or when he said the f150 lightning was overpriced? Or when the truck was announced at model Y prices? You're just a pessimist not a prophet

Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? all-the-way-off-my-back

Here is you
Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900? 200w

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Research
Country flag
You mean the signs like when Elon was saying that the monthly payment is number 1? Or when he said that Tesla is making evs affordable? Or when he said the f150 lightning was overpriced? Or when the truck was announced at model Y prices? You're just a pessimist not a prophet

all-the-way-off-my-back.gif

Here is you
200w.gif
Lol... nah again i look at the signs. You think Tesla is going to Osborne there existing lineup with a 500 mile vehicle cheaper than its flagship products...when it has crazy demand! Not pessimistic, its just smart business. Fyi Tesla is making EV'S affordable...maybe not the one with insane demand.

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Treynor

First Name
Treynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
President
Country flag
I have been paying a monthly $$ note of $1,000 per month since my reservation. (To a dedicated savings account just for CT) By the time my number gets pulled I will have a majority of the full payment.

NOW - when that time comes to write that check, I just don’t know if there’s going to be anything comparable for the same price value.

I’m looking at spending the cash for the range extender. That in itself is over another year of savings.

it has been a long road dedicated to one single purchase. I wonder if there is a value assigned to the psychological regret that I would have if I did not purchase the CT.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Was at a Christmas party last night. Several people knew I just got back from Austin and picked my mind.

Unfortunately the 3 others that all have early reservations, are all on the same page. The price of the dual just jumped out of their range. 1 of the guys is going to cash in on the $1000. Credit and trade his 3 in for the Y.

Convinced them all to keep the $100 deposit ride until their make it or break it point. The 5 cents lost is a moot point over the last 4 years.

I was expecting a 10k price hike..not a 30k. But the bigger issue is this will not replace my sprinter as a work truck. Just not enough bed space. But what EV truck is right now other than the Ford van with a range less than 200 miles.

Rick

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Was at a Christmas party last night. Several people knew I just got back from Austin and picked my mind.

Unfortunately the 3 others that all have early reservations, are all on the same page. The price of the dual just jumped out of their range. 1 of the guys is going to cash in on the $1000. Credit and trade his 3 in for the Y.

Convinced them all to keep the $100 deposit ride until their make it or break it point. The 5 cents lost is a moot point over the last 4 years.

I was expecting a 10k price hike..not a 30k. But the bigger issue is this will not replace my sprinter as a work truck. Just not enough bed space. But what EV truck is right now other than the Ford van with a range less than 200 miles.

Rick
Rivian is going to be selling their Amazon van to other ppl soon. Idk about like normal customers though

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I guess I am going to stay put with my Dodge 3500, "Betsy", for a while longer. May get a SR Lightning Pro for short hauls and running around. Sad day for me, but I understand Tesla taking advantage of all the demand, especially with the 7,500 US fed tax credit. Not going to cancel my 40k reservation just yet. Will wait and see.
Love my F150L SR Pro.
The 240 mi rated range is NOT an issue for around town. I don't use it for drag racing, either (even though the F150L is comparable to CT AWD at 4 sec 0-60). Everything else about it is just as capable as the CT. More so in terms of interior space, cargo space, rear visibility, available factory and 3rd party options and accessories. Tows great (around town, not for interstate RV trips). Love the plastic floor. Don't even mind the plastic seats.

The F150L Pro crushes the CT (and every other competitor) on price for a very capable 4WD 4 door EV truck. Stickers at $57,475 comparably equipped with max towing, tow tech, and a bed cover. But comes in white, black, blue, or red without paying an extra $7500 (also silver) or an extra $1250 for the spare tire. With the Fed tax credit, you would be under $50k. Ford also running a bunch of end of year incentives. You could probably find one in-stock at a dealer and walk in and buy it by next weekend.

I bought the F150L Pro to hold me over until the CT was available, but after driving it for a year, its better than I expected it would be. Best truck I have ever owned. Going to be a tough sell to get me to switch horses to a CT when my Tesla reservation eventually comes available.

Last edited:

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How could you justify a $30k increase?
If that is what happens I will still be waiting till my 400k place in line.
I'm around 280K in the queue including all trims. I'm expecting a late 2025 delivery. My wish is price adjustments are coming by then.
But then, I'll go for my DM order as I'm at the end of my life cycle. This is my one chance to brag. 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆
Sponsored