Might convert my Dual Motor reservation to RWD. Doing the same?

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I initially reserved the Dual Motor trim but I have decided to switch to the $61k RWD trim. Even though I can afford to purchase the AWD version I just can’t justify spending $80k on a depreciating asset such as a vehicle. Adding a few tasty options plus sales tax and registration would easily put my OTD price around $90k.

The RWD version will still offer all of the features I love about the CT and I can easily get by with 250 miles of battery range and a 7500 pound towing limit.

RWD buyers still get a virtually dent and rust proof SS exterior, adjustable air suspension, practical 6‘ bed with a durable tonneau cover, steer-by-wire steering, RWS, Tesla’s newest battery cell technology, borosilicate shatter proof glass, minimalist interior, powered frunk, etc.

Delaying my purchase for a 2025 model also allows Tesla to work out the first year teething issues that any brand new model encounters. Tesla may also offer improvements during the first year of production.

I‘m curious to hear if any other DM reservation holders are doing the same and why.

PERFORMANCE
Range (est.)

250 MILES
Acceleration
6.5 SEC 0-60 MPH
Drive
REAR-WHEEL DRIVE
Top Speed
112 MPH
Towing
7,500 LBS
AVAILABLE IN 2025

063EF3A2-BC72-4755-8A34-2012506FEBC9.jpeg
I was tempted to go down to RWD but i worry about the range. I want to get close to 300 miles. Hope this 4680 battery will hold closer on it's real-world range unlike the 3170 battery in my M3. Do you think this is so? I got nothing to tow or heavy cargoes to load but I just want to enjoy this LAST vehicle. I'm approaching 80 yrs old and my delivery might arrive around my 81st. Hope the CT comes first before the funeral. 😆 🤣 😂
Sponsored

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bottom line? Tesla is a premium brand. I knew deep down that it wasn’t going to be less expensive than a R1T.

The RWD is the best bargain of all three trim levels.
I wish the RWD can go more than 250 but i'm worried bc of my experience with my M3 that's supposed to go 330 mi but the terrain where I live gives me less than 270 mi. It would have been great if the RWD offers a Range Extender too to get to 350 mi. I'm just dreaming. 😆 🤣

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
I wish the RWD can go more than 250 but i'm worried bc of my experience with my M3 that's supposed to go 330 mi but the terrain where I live gives me less than 270 mi. It would have been great if the RWD offers a Range Extender too to get to 350 mi. I'm just dreaming. 😆 🤣
Looks like the spec for the RWD is undecided. They will probably wait to see what their orders look like before deciding.
Like others have already said, the price is likely to move around over time.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
If I lived in a snowy part of the country my plan would be different. Plus our other vehicle is AWD so I don’t really need it.
Yup that’s the rub. I live in the Rockies so gotta have the AWD or I’d probably do the same as you’re doing.
Sponsored

Last edited: